cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sickness Absence for Boxing Day showing as Non-Qual Sick 100%

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

an employee was absent on sick leave during the Christmas period 2008 including Christmas Day and Boxing Day. When creating the absence in PA30 IT 2001 and clicking on the 'Absence Breakdown' icon it is showing Christmas Day as 100% Sickness however, Boxing Day is showing as Non-Qual Sick 100%.

I have tried creating the leave in YR 2007 and getting same error however, when I create the absence in YR 2006 Boxing Day is showing as 100% Sickness.

Christmas Day and Boxing Day have both been set up with the same Holiday Class and Day Type and employees' who are absent on these days are entitled to sick pay providing one of the days do not fall on a Sunday.

Please could someone explain what this issue is?

All help much appreciated.

Bianca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

were you able to resolve the issue, how?

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

I was able to resolve this issue. I will ensure to close the thread.

Bianca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kavita,

Apologies I did not explain how I resolved the issue. Steps as follows:

1. Identified the sickness scheme the employee was attached to.

2. Accessed the IMG

3. Followed menu path: Payroll > Payroll Great Britain > Statutory and Occupational Absences > Occupational Absences (OxP)> New OxP Absence Processing > Background Data > Non Qualifying Day: Create Non Qualifying Day rules

4. Displayed the 'Non-Qualifying Day Rule'

5. Made a note of the ES Group, Hol Calendar, PS Group, WSR(work schedule rule) and Payment Band

6. To identify the non-qualifying days attached to which sickness scheme, followed IMG menu path: Payroll > Payroll Great Britain > Statutory and Occupational Absences> Occupational Absences (OxP) > New OxP Absence Processing > Absence Evaluation Schemes: Create Absence Evaluation Scheme Rules

7. Our schemes are based on seniority, so checked the employees' LG start date.

8. Selected the relevant scheme and double clicked on entitlement bands.

9. Used the 'Detail' icon to display each scheme

10. Followed the IMG menu path: Time Management> Work Schedules> Work Schedule Rules and Work Schedules: Set Work Schedule Rules and Work Schedules

11. Selected the WSR and noted the PWS (period work schedule rule).

12. Clicked the PWS matchcode icon and viewed the PWS to identify the days set up, was able to see that the PWS counted MON-Sat as working days for sickness.

13. Accessed transaction 'SCAL' for the holiday calendars.

14. Selected the relevant holiday calendar.

15. I was able to identify that from 2007 onwards, a number of public holidays had been set up e.g. Boxing Day etc.

16. Viewed each year and noted the public holidays

17. I accessed each client and transaction SCAL to see whether the same public holidays had been set up against that holiday calendar.

18. Removed the public holidays in the dev client and inserted a blank public holiday.

19. Transported the change

20. Re-generated the WSR attached to the holiday calendar and transported the change.

21. Carried out various testing in Dev41, QA and then transported the change into production.

Hope this helps.

Bianca