cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unarchive the MDM Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the MDM , I tried to delete the repository & then unarvhive it. But when deleting, I got the error "Unable to modify Database" but it did delete it as I could not see the repsoitory in the mdm console.

But when i try to unarchive it, it gave the error, "Cannot connect to MDM Repository or DBMS. Do any one has any idea? Could it be that some files were not deleted ?

Best Regards,

Mudasir H Syed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, since u have already deleted the repository ( the old one) ask DBA to check and clean up any tables spaces still present for that repository and then try unarchiving it ( Try unarchiving with a different name)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem have come up while deleting the repository. It was deleted while being loaded. This could have led to some inconsistency.

Can anybody tell me which files or tables needs to be cleared up to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Mudasir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudasir ,

The MDM archives are stored in the MDM server system folder

There is a folder called Archieves where the archieves are stored as .A2A files.

Only once these files are present in the archive folder can they be unarchieved on to the MDM server.

If the error Unable to Modify Database error has occured It means there is an Error in your DBMS server.

Try checking your DBMS server settings and restart it once.Then try Unarchiving the rep from your MDM console.

Note you can unarchive the MDM rep any number of times with a different name as long as you have the archieve.a2a copy with you present in your archieve folder.

Also try right clicking on your server and select Mount rep.See if you can still see the deleted rep in the list.

If not means you were able to successfully delete the rep.And once your DBMS database is working fine you can unarchive the rep once again.

Try stoping and starting your MDM and DBMS server and also check your DBMS listener connnection.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudassir,

Check out this link...

Regards,

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudasir,

The sequence of steps to be followed are archieve -> delete -> unarchieve.

Once you delete the repository it is impossible to unarchieve it as the schema is deleted from the backend also.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

Thanks for the reply. I have followed the sequence of Archive -> Delete -> Unarchive.

I have archived the repository, but while deleting & unarvhiving, I have recieved the errors.

If you have recieved these kind of errors or have any idea, do let me know.

Best Regards,

Mudasir H Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudasir,

Check whether the archieved repository is present in the servers archieve folder.

If its there, then propbably there is some problem with your database and the retrieval is causing some problem.

Else there might have been some issue while archieving it.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

Do you know the path where these MDM archive files are stored? Is it standard or can be different for different systems. Usually where are they stored.

Best Regards,

Mudasir H Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudasir,

MDM archive files are stored to and retrieved from the

Archives directory under the MDM Server executable directory, or the

directory specified by Archive Dir in the mds.ini file.

Thanks,

Minaz