cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sm58 - Name or password is incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I've got a problem. After the configuration of an idoc-to-file I am facing an error in "sm58" after successfully sending an idoc with "we19".

Status text. "Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter".

Thanks for your help...!

Go:khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try check your SM59 connection (Target system column in SM58), there is probably a userid/password defined that is incorrect...

Regards

Rolf

And now you have to unlock the user in the taget system

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokhan,

Though i guess the problem is with your user id and pswd as pointed out by others, I would suggest you to go through all these steps in an IDOC-XI-FILE Scenario and cross check with what you have done and see if you still have any problem and it will also help you in doing any such Senarios too.I have mentioned everything involved with an IDOC-XI-FILE Scenario.

While doing an IDOC -> XI -> File scenario, The Points to noted are:

1. You don’t need a DT, MT or a message interface for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

2. You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping.

3. In this configuration note that you don’t have a sender agreement as you don’t have a sender IDOC adapter.

If it is that you wanted to send an IDOC from XI (File to IDOC) , then in this case:

points 1 and 2 will remain, but the 3 will not. You will need a sender agreement for the file and a receiver agreement for the IDOC.

IDOC -> File scenario ref:

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Configurations in R/3 side

1. SM 59 (RFC destinations)

Create a RFC destination on the XI server. The connection type should be R/3 connection. The target host needs to be the XI server.

2. WE 21 (Ports in IDOC processing)

Create a transactional port. Provide the RFC destination created in this.

3. BD 54

Create a logical system.

4. WE 20 (Partner Profiles)

a. Create a new partner profile under partner type LS.

b. Assign the message type in outbound parameters.

c. Open the message type (Dbl click) and configure the receiver port to the port created.

Configurations in XI server.

1. SM59 (RFC destination)

Configure the RFC destination specific to the R/3 system.

2. IDX1 (Port maintenance in IDOC Adapter)

Create a port and provide the RFC destination.

TESTING:

WE19 For pushing the idoc in xi through trfc port.

To be able to trigger your IDOC from the SAP ISU system, you will have to set the partner profile in we20. Select your Business System (mostly under Logical system) and then create Outbound entries for whichever IDOC you want to trigger.

You define your basic type also in your partner profile settings, Please go thru the following links to get a better idea about partner profile:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b833243d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b7cd343d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/32/692037b1f10709e10000009b38f839/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5e/b8f8bf356dc84096e4fedc2cd71426/frameset.htm

Also, I would suggest that you go through this blog by michal if any issue arises,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

I hope I have answered your query.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

I entered the user "XIAPPLUSER" for an RFC destination. I have changed the username and password to mine.

Thanks especially to Abhy Thomas for the detailed list

Bye

Go:khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while working on File to IDoc scenario, I'm getting the following error message while checking sm58

Name or password is incorrect (Repeat Logon).

I entered the correct id and pwd in logon/security tab. I even tested using "test connection" and "remote logon".

I appreicate if anyone can help on this. I searched the site but could not find the correct answer.

Thanks in advance,

-rk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh I've got a new error message:

"User is locked. Please notify the person responsible".

I am wondering what I have changed so far???

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GOkhan,

In your SM59, when you are creating an RFC Destination, you give an user id and password under LOG ON / Security. Just make sure, that it is a valid user ID and password, by trying a remote log on.

Also, disable the option current user in the log on security option in SM 59.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokhan,

Normally, when you try to access your SAP systems with an invalid user id / password more than 3 times, the user gets locked. You will have to ask your admin to unlock the user and then make your remote log on test in Sm 59 as i have mentioned in my previous post.

Regards

Bhavesh