Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

translate role description

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to have the role description in two languages (English and German).

All roes have been build using an English logon so the only available description is currently in English.

We have been able to translate the menu entries, but the customer wants the description of the role to be in German when a user logs on in German.

We cannot find how to do that

Any ideas? Or rather experiences ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean you're looking for a way to get translated texts into the role description for German or do you want to copy the texts from the english description to the german description so they're visible in SU01 etc. (without actually translating)?

10 REPLIES 10

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean you're looking for a way to get translated texts into the role description for German or do you want to copy the texts from the english description to the german description so they're visible in SU01 etc. (without actually translating)?

0 Kudos

What the customer wants is;

When a user logs on in German he should see the German name of the role and when a when a user logs in in English he should see the English name of the role.

Is there any way to do this as we can ONLY find a function to translate menu entries not the description.

0 Kudos

Auke,

I've looked in SE63 and found the menu items (node/folder texts) for a role (Labeled AGR_HIERT) as well as the short text, labeled AGR_TEXTS..

So I'd say you can translate them there. Which one of us is missing something ?

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Jurjen

thanks the use of this transaction for roles awas unknown to me. we can now solve this

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Any ideas?

An English user ID and a German ID call transaction PFCG from the same terminal at the same time.

The German hits "Edit" first, and the English ID copy&paste's into Babblefish.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have simillar problem, i have to translate 1000+ rolls and i'm doing it nov 1 by 1 trough S16-}AGR_TEXTS where i find rolls and i copy paste AGR_NAME to SE63-}translation}ABAB objects-}short text}abap texts---}ACGR roles

But this is going very slow....is there another way? I tried to do a worklist but when but when I select under Standard worklist Object types----}ABAB texts--}ACGR roles and press Enter nothing happens.

Thank You for your help

0 Kudos

How about creating an ECATT script to automate the task? That should speed you up.

0 Kudos

Thank you for answer but don't know how....i'm more or less new to SAP..

0 Kudos

HI all,

please use the program name PRGN_CORRMEN2

Regards

0 Kudos

Nice one! Actually is more about the menu entries, like discussed in this thread: so I have created a link.