Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - Unicode

Aravind9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

I have issue.

I need to upload customer master record. Of 30 fields, three needs to be uploaded in Chinese language. I have installed Unicode for notepad and I can see the Chineese characters in my source file. But when I read data from lsmw, it comes ?????? where ever chinese characters are there.

Could any of you have work around for this.

Regards,

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aravind

Not sure, but you can make a try.

In customer master, you may be aware in General Data tab, if you click on Address sub tab, you can see a field Language under Communication. Maintain ZH there and try to upload.

Alternatively, logout completely from SAP screen and relogin with Chinese language.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aravind

No idea but you can try till "Display Converted Data" and see how it flows there. At the worst case, you can upload one data till end and see whether the data has been uploaded in Chinese language. If not, you have to find out a way for this (

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Aravind9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipati,

Thanks for the response.

I did till the end for one record. All 27 fields are uploaded except those three fields which comes as ?????. I tried alternatives like changing the logon pad to chinese, reading ANSI file, reading Unicode file, all these throws new problems.

There should be a way to upload Unicode file to SAP, else I need to catch hold of ABAPer and Basis guys to help me out which is tough to do.

Looking forward for any solution.

Regards,

Aravind