cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequenced Sending of Inbound XML Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using ABAP proxies which communicate through XML messages. The current problem that we are facing is that from one INVRPT EDI message, it has to be transformed to two different messages and be sent to the same receiver. The main obstacle is that the first type of message should be processed first before the second type should be sent. If the second message is received by the receiving SAP system, that message will be invalidated and raise an issue at the receiver side.

The current solution we are looking at is for the receiving SAP system to send an acknowledgment message however, as I looked through BPM, it is only capable of having one sending step (we need to send two messages from one outbound message however at different time intervals).

Any idea on how to circumvent the problem? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks and Best Regards,

Rommel Mendoza

SAP XI Consultant

HP GDAS GDPC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rommel,

could you please elaborate your scenario a bit? Who is sending / receiving with which adapter?

As far as i understood you the sequence of message is your problem. You should use Quality of Service "Exactly Once In Order" to solve that (depends on your scenario).

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Basically, a customer sends an EDI ORDERS file via AS2. When XI receives the message, it will transform the message to 2 XML messages, one is for order promotion while the second is the actual order XML. The order promotion XML should be sent first to SAP SNC (Supply Network Collaboration) for it to be processed there. Now, once the promotion is in place in SNC, that is the only time the order XML should be sent. If the order XML comes first before the promotion, the message will be invalidated and SNC will raise an error. We are using XI Adapters and the ABAP proxies are SAP predevelivered content for XI (so that we don't need to configure or recreate the XML structures in XI).

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rommel,

>When XI receives the message, it will transform the message to 2 XML messages

This is the interesting part: How will this be done? Do you have a Business Process with two send steps?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, none yet. I am still drafting the design for this. However, as I know, a BPM can only have one sending step.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rommel,

>as I know, a BPM can only have one sending step.

no, fortunately it can have unbounded send steps AND you can send them EOIO. Problem solved?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the case, then it is easier then. Thanks Udo!

Answers (0)