Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need for DOE?

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have developed our own jsp-application and use it with MI2.5 SP14 today. Sync method is generic sync.

We are about to install MI7.1, but do we really need to configure DOE when we do not use smart sync or is it necessary to upload mobile components?

Also where to find the client software like MI client and framework files to upload to MI?

Best regs

Øyvind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

refer this link

If you want to focus on MI application development, I would recommend you not to start developing using SmartSync functionality. Start with the simple GenericSync application. When you get acquainted with the GenericSync layer, you will be able to know how the SmartSync framework works. The SmartSync framework itself is actually just a simple GenericSync application providing some convenient interfaces to easen data and delta handling in the client as well as in the middleware.

and if you consider a smart sync application we have to develop a MCD and we have to generate a MEREPMETA.xml file for that MCD

Regards

Manohar

Edited by: Gouri Manohar Gadhamsetty on Jan 22, 2009 10:14 AM

Edited by: Gouri Manohar Gadhamsetty on Jan 22, 2009 10:15 AM

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you!

We already have a generic sync application which we are using today on MI2.5.

What I want now is to use the new MI7.1, and hopefully I do not need do any changes to my client application. I will still use the generic sync method.

Before we used the webconsole to upload client components, but I understand I have to do this from the SAP GUI now. I was wondering if we needed to configure the DOE for this, but from these answers I now see that we need it to be able to do the initial sync from the clients (to install framework files etc.).

Regs

Øyvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in market place we have some information regarding this....like

To migrate Generic Sync applications, you must create new table entries in the NetWeaver

AS 7.1 system.

The following tables are relevant for generic synchronization applications:

􀁸 MMWMAPPDEST

This table stores the information about the RFC destination that is used by the DOE to

call the remote function modules present on the back-end system.

􀁸 MMW_MAPPING

This table stores the mapping between the class method that is called by the Generic

Sync application and the Remote Function Module to be executed on the back-end

system corresponding to this class method.

In the NetWeaver 2004/ 2004s system, if there are entries in the BWAFMAPP and

MEMAPPDEST tables, you must create the same entries in the in the appropriate tables in

the NetWeaver AS 7.1 system.

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In the NetWeaver 2004/ 2004s system, if there are entries in the BWAFMAPP and

MEMAPPDEST tables, you must create the same entries in the in the appropriate tables in

the NetWeaver AS 7.1 system. To do this:

1. Log on to the NetWeaver AS 7.1 and start transaction SDOE_MIGRATION.

2. Under Application Type, select Generic Sync.

3. Under Activities, select the following activities:

Pre-requisites

User migration

Device migration

4. Under MI Destination, enter the RFC destination name that connects to the MI system.

You can specify an existing RFC destination or create a new one. To create a new

RFC destination, choose Create New Destination and enter the required details.

5. Choose Execute.

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Øyvind,

To conclude in simple words for current and future referrers of this thread, the DOE (Data Orchestration Engine) is nothing but "The Component" that enables the NetWeaver Mobile functionality in the AS ABAP 7.1 Server. Therefore if you want to use NetWeaver Mobile 7.1, you have to configure the DOE and configure/prepare the Application Server (AS ABAP) to work with the Mobile Scenario needs.

Regards,

Veera

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar!

Thank you for your answer!

Transaction SDOE_MIGRATION, is it only to use when you are migrating a system?

I have a new installation, no migration. But I suppose I should specify somewhere that I will use generic sync? In that case, where should I do that?

Regs

Øyvind

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer these links,

/people/julien.guimont/blog/2008/10/31/doe-aka-netweaver-mobile-71

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d06b4450-00fb-2910-54b7-ea205888...

/people/abdulla.fawzi/blog/2007/05/07/netweaver-mobile-2007-150-data-orchestration-engine-a-sneak-preview

/people/abdulla.fawzi/blog/2007/05/07/netweaver-mobile-2007-150-data-orchestration-engine-a-sneak-preview

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e03d3384-7a43-2b10-5698-c2584ce8...

Regards,

sunaina Reddy t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the link which describes the installation NW mobile 7.1

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30c8ec6d-81c3-2b10-e694-c9192df6...

Regards,

Sri.