Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation mode of the sampling procedure

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anybody please tell me,

I have maintain a sampling Procedure with sampling type 100 & valuation mode 200.

When I am trying to assign this sampling procedure to MIC in inspection plan I am facing following error.

Valuation mode of the sampling procedure does not match the insp.charac.

Diagnosis

You have specified a sampling procedure with the valuation mode 200. This valuation mode does not match the inspection characteristic.

Examples:

Valuation for measuring inspection with a qualitative characteristic

Valuation according to nonconforming units for a characteristic with number of defects

Valuation according to s-method for a characteristic without tolerance

System Response

You cannot select this sampling procedure.

Procedure

Choose a different sampling procedure or change the control indicators of the inspection characteristic.

So can anybody please tell me what setting require in control indicator of MIC & Why?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

the valuation mode 200 is set as Attributive Inspection Number of defects. Hope that will be same for you also.

Then system will ask you to assign the Sample quantity along with the Accepted number of defect. Depending up on this you have to record the number of defect also in RR. And if this complies to the accepted number of defect then it will accept the MIC automatically otherwise reject autoamtically.

Now the error you are facing because the MIC you are trying to attache here will be not supporting the Defect recording.

As a solution I think you need to activate the "Defect Recording" check box under the Control indicators for the MIC.

Or if the valuation mode 200 is not for Attributive Inspection Number of defects then let me know what is it there for you. Because depending up on the valuation mode the valuation of MIC happens in RR. So the MIC where you attach such Sampling procedure should match. (MIC and Sampling procedure should)

As a master solution, set the valuation mode for Sampling procedure as "Manual Valuation", then it will match

with any MIC

Regards,

Shyamal

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks a lot. Solved Problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Valuation mode 100 0r 200 can only be used for qualitative MICs which has characteristic attrributes attached to it. i think you are trying to assign to a quantitatvie mic. that is why this error

Try to attach sampling procedure other than 100 or 200.

Regards