cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can anyone suggest me that, I am currently working on NWDS on citrix and it is very slow. Can I install NWDS on my local machine and deploy the ear files on to portal.

If yes, Please guide me though installation.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kandaraj,

Do you have web VPN connection to the client n/w then you can install NWDS locally and deploy on the client's server.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I have VPN access . will it be possible with VPN.

Wat are the config I need to install

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once connected to VPN.

Open your NWDS, go to window>preferences>SAP J2EE Engine and select the option

SAP J2EE Engine is installed on a remote host.

Put the parameters hostname (name of your WAS)

Put the port as 39<instance number> mostly its 3901.

Goto your J2EE engine tab and see if you can see the server in your NWDS. If yes, then you are ready for the deployment.

Regards,

Murtuza

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

After connected to VPN, you need to give the url of your sld in the Development Configuration Pool and also message server and its port in SAP J2EE Engine. You can get the information of the message server and port either from your basis administrator or you can find in the System Information link of portal home page.

Regards,

Narendra

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can deploy your applications from locally with citrix connected. However see that you give the correct host and portal in NWDS.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think it can be possible to work on local NWDS and deploy the ear files on to portal which is on citrix.

Regards

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can definitlely do that.

Check the following link on how to install NWDS:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50289b6a-5373-2910-91bd-b8196737...

But then i do not think you will be able to deploy the application on the portal from local NWDS through Citrix but what you can do is develop the application locally and then export the project >transfer it to the machine where you are using NWDS through citrix> import the application and then deploy it.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

I have read as you given the link but i am not able to finding workaround files to install the NWDS please share me where can i find required s/w

Regards

Chandra

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can deploye...ear file to portal ......as per as installation is concern .,..just open installtion index.html file there u find all the step by step details ..to install it.