cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking mandatory field with state property of the field is binded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Would like to know what are the ways to check the mandatory fields in the View are being filled, when those field state property are being bind to a context attribute.

I tried using 'cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check_mandatory_attr_on_view' but no matter the attribute that bind the element is set to required or normal the method will take all the fields that are binded as mandatory.

So for fields that state are binded, how do i check for mandatory fields?

Thanks and Regards,

Long

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wl ong,

Have you binded STATE property of every input field with a context attribute? If yes, then don't do that because if the value of that attribute changes it'll change the state property of each and every input field. So if you want to make an input field mandatory, simply set its STATE property as "Reqired" but don't bind it with an attribute. If you want to change its state property as run time then bind STATE property of every input field with different attribute , so that change in any attribute's value doesn't afftect others. Now simply use this 'cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check_mandatory_attr_on_view' method. It will give error msg for mandatory fields only.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

I did not bind all the fields to a attribute. I've bind them one field to one attribute. but even if i had set them all on runtime to '00' which is normal state. it still check them as an mandatory field.

Or have i set it some how wrong? I use, setattribute( name = '<attributename>' value = 00 ).

Regards,

Long

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try this:

setattribute( name = '<attributename>' value = '00' ).

You can also put a break point on this code and see if it getting executed.

Regards

Arjun

Edited by: Arjun on Jan 22, 2009 9:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can call the below static method:

cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check_mandatory_attr_on_view

in the WDDOMODIFY view where the condition is:

check first_time = abap_false.

WDDOMODIFY view will be called when you press some button and then mandatory fields will be checked.

Regards,

Shashikanth. D

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this is few lines of code i have written right now and it is working fine for me....

method onactionenter .

data state type wdui_state.
    data lo_el_context type ref to if_wd_context_element.
    data ls_context type wd_this->element_context.
    data lv_ip type wd_this->element_context-ip.

*   get element via lead selection
    lo_el_context = wd_context->get_element( ).
*   @TODO handle not set lead selection
    if lo_el_context is initial.
    endif.

*   get single attribute
    lo_el_context->get_attribute(
      exporting
        name =  `IP`
      importing
        value = lv_ip ).

state = lv_ip.

data lv_state type wd_this->element_context-state.

* get element via lead selection
  lo_el_context = wd_context->get_element( ).

* @TODO handle not set lead selection
  if lo_el_context is initial.
  endif.

* @TODO fill attribute
* lv_state = 1.

* set single attribute
  lo_el_context->set_attribute(
    name =  `STATE`
    value =  state ).

endmethod.

Now one thing i want to make it clear state will be mandatory for value 01 and will not be mandatory for 00, you can'nt give any thing else here.... it will show run time exception.........

and in below code i am checking for mandatory...

method ONACTIONACTION .

data:lo_view_controller type ref to if_wd_view_controller,
       lv_flag type i,
        msg_tab type cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>t_check_result_message_tab.

field-symbols: <lv_fs> type any.

lo_view_controller = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check_mandatory_attr_on_view(
  exporting
    view_controller = lo_view_controller
    display_messages = abap_true
    importing
      messages = msg_tab ).

endmethod.

regards

Pranav

Edited by: Pranav Nagpal on Jan 22, 2009 5:43 AM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see note #0001228965

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Well actually the current problem now is that even if on runtime i set the attribute that bind to the ui element state property to '00'.

I left the field empty and when 'cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check_mandatory_attr_on_view' is called it will still show the error 'Please compete all required fields' when the field is actually not required and doesn't have the red * with it.

Thanks and Regards,

Long

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For test purpose i created an application, i have following things in my application.....

1. one input field. its state property is linked with an attribute of type WDUI_STATE.

2. onenter event of input field

3. button and its event.

Now when i run the application i enter 01 in input field and i press enter... now in onenter of input field i have written code to get 01 and i am setting this 01 with state property of input field. this makes the input field madatory now i remove data from input field and press button it shows me error please fill all the mandatory field...

now if i give 00 in my input field and pree onenter it makes input field normal and now if i press button it is not showing me any error.......

i have given you code in my above reply for same thing... if you want some thing different tell me what you are exactly doing...

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

I tried the same way but no matter i enter 00 or 01 it will prompt the error message. Or is there any method or way i can check if the state of the field is 00 or 01 on run time. Cause if the normal checking ways can't work for me maybe i have to try checking manually.

Regards,

Long

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Long,

I am not able to understand why the code provided by Pranav is not working for you. You can use a manual method also. Create a flag and give it a default value (say 0). .Just read each attribute binded with the input field.If it is initial, raise an error msg and set a flag. Use this line of code

Check Lv_flag eq '0'.

it will stop the prog to execute any further in case of error.

Regards

Arjun

Edited by: Arjun on Jan 22, 2009 11:34 AM

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Automatic checking should work... check your attribute type which you have linked with state property it sholud be of type WDUI_STATE

manually you can get the attribute and check if it is 00 or 01 using if condition.... but still after that you have to make those fields mandatory and normal by setting the value in state property.....

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

I am also not sure why it doesn't work for me, because i thought that it should work that work and in the end find out that it giving error no matter it is required or normal.

Cause i can see the red * when it is required and not red * when it is normal. but no matter there is the red * or not it will prompt the error message when there is no value in the inputfield.

Regards,

Long

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Long,

May you can give a try to the other method suggested by me in my previous post.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

i did use the the WDUI_STATE as the type for the attribute. As i am able to see the red * showing and not showing so I know that the values are set to the attribute correctly but still it is not working the right way.

Thank you guys very much for all the inputs.

Thanks and Regards,

Long

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using any default value for that attribute?? where you are writing code to check mandatory values??

Former Member
0 Kudos

i didn't set any default value for those attributes. The checking for mandatory fields are called when clicking on the button to go to another view.

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to confirm, this mandatory filed sholud be checked before that fire plug....

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

yea it was, as it can't even go to the next view since the error is being prompt.

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this method

CHECK_MANDATORY_ATTRIBUTES of the same class....

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

pls refer :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've binded the state property to a context attribute and onload of the program i will read an config table to set the attribute to either 00 - for normal and 01 - for required. But the problem now is no matter i had set the attribute to 00 or 01 i will check it as an mandatory field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you set the state as REQUIRED, it only displays the * beside the label or caption.

It never validates the input entered or checks whether input given or not..

This needs to be validated through code on action of some event.

Hope it is clear,

Regards,

Shashikanth. D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a property for the input field with name STATE. It has a list of values ie., Normal item, Required.

If you set the property as required. It is mandatory field.

If you want to bind the attribute of the State property create an attribute of type 'WDUI_STATE'.

This DE has a domain which has fixed values of the above mentioned list of values.

You can set one of them based on the requirement at runtime.

Hope it answers the question.

Regards,

Shashikanth. D

Edited by: Shashikanth Divakaruni on Jan 22, 2009 5:00 AM

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check my reply to this thread...........

regards

Pranav