Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Tutorials for SSF_SIGN and SSF_VERIFY?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any ABAP tutorials for the SSFG function group function modules. Especially SSF_SIGN and SSF_VERIFY?

Thank you,

Dean Atteberry.

Edited by: Dean Atteberry on Jan 21, 2009 11:25 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Julius and Klaus for the information.

I was not aware of SSFT_PPPI_SIGN / VERIFY and will take a look at them.

I had found the SSF Programmers Guide and had seen the ABAP examples but was hoping that there was an complete coding example somewhere that used that code. If chapter 4 is the best coding examples available, then I will work with those.

Thank you again for your quick replies!

Dean Atteberry

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the FM is not released, then any "tutorial" you might find would only be as reliable as the FM itself (particularly it's interface).

Perhaps what you are looking for is FM [SSFT_PPPI_SIGN|;?

Note that I have a development request open on this function, but I hope that the interface will remain stable and only the existing "auth_method" (cannot remember the exact name) will be enhanced within the FM coding to make it more configurable.

The reason for this relates to Single-Sign-On, in which case it is advisable to delete the ABAP password. But then the FM cannot work locally, and using the remote option is too confusing for the user as they cannot be expected to know where they are authenticating, as they innocently logged on (the opposite of what this method was intended to solve in the olden days).

What I am hoping for, is that SAP will provide a secure LDAP bind to verify the signature (or at least add a configurable custom method to add custom coding to verify the authenticity of the caller).

My understanding of interpretations of legal reasons, is that just clicking somewhere is not enough (even if it is unintuitive - which some cell phones are as well...).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I am getting error message "SSF error: Unable to find external security product" while using the mentioned function module :SSFT_PPPI_SIGN

Do we need to install any components?

Could you please guide me

Thanking you!

Regards,

Suri.

0 Kudos

The message sounds a bit misleading...

The function supports a local and a remote RFC based logon prompt to an ABAP system .

Possibly you have configured your system for the remote method, but it is pointing into nowhere (or a non-ABAP system :-)...?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

have a look at the [SSF Programmer's Guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bf48c590-0201-0010-9780-9094b5aa5e01], chapter 4.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Julius and Klaus for the information.

I was not aware of SSFT_PPPI_SIGN / VERIFY and will take a look at them.

I had found the SSF Programmers Guide and had seen the ABAP examples but was hoping that there was an complete coding example somewhere that used that code. If chapter 4 is the best coding examples available, then I will work with those.

Thank you again for your quick replies!

Dean Atteberry

0 Kudos

Look at the report SSF01....

Former Member
0 Kudos

opening up again so I can close with latest response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sietze. Exactly what I was looking for.

Dean.