cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR29N Revaluation not posting to Offsetting GL account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am performing revaluation through AR29N (New revalaution for asset). When I run this process, it is posting revalaution value to Asset only, but does not post revlaution to offsetting clearing GL account.

While performing background processing, when i click on internal number field, it says no FI document generated for asset transaction. I have created GL B/S account for clearing this revalaution and specified this account in OA90 at offsetting account revalaution APC.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry Paul, but you are partially incorrect this time

In principle Paul is right. Posting a standard revaluation in AR29N is as revaluation ever has been only a posting line item in FI-AA, which is then posted to G/L by the depreciation run. This has ever been so. But don´t forget to set the flag "post revaluation" in OAYR. If you don´t do, it is in fact never posted to G/L.

New with AR29N is that there is also the possibility to post directly to G/L. But this is only then possible if you check the option "with depreciation write-back" in case of a new valuation.

You can see the difference with posting transactions ABAW and ABAWN. ABAW is standard revaluation or new valuation without depreciation write-back. Post it and the depreciation run will bring it to G/L. ABAWN is new valuation with depreciation write-back and posts directly to G/L (in case depreciation area 01 is posted).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul, Markus,

Two thumbs up. It is posting to GL account.

Thank you for you help and support.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the revaluation run AR29N it will make only postings in asset management and not in FI.

When you run the depreciation it will be posted in FI. You can do a test depreciation run to see the result