cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion procedures in production?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are near to our go live and I just want to know the maintanace activities on the production server generally would be

1. Deletion Procedures -- We have scheduled these jobs to run for every 3 days

Job Name: SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<client>

Job Name: SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<client>

SXMB_ADM -- Deletion - Persist_Duration - ASYNC, SYNC & History -- 3 days

Do we need to also schedule the reports 1. RSXMB_Delete_Messages 2. RSXMB_DELETE_HISTORY ?

What is the difference between these different deletion procedures. Do i need to schedule all of them?

2. BPM - Process - I have a BPM process

What is the care i need to take so that BPM will run efficiently?

3. Retry Mechanism -- Do i need to schedule any back ground jobs for the retry mechanism to occur ?

Please let me know your valuable suggestions and guidance. Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

>Do we need to also schedule the reports 1. RSXMB_Delete_Messages

no

>2. RSXMB_DELETE_HISTORY ?

no

>What is the difference between these different deletion procedures.

Messages it selves (content) and meta data

>Do i need to schedule all of them?

Yes

See as well [Deletion and archiving in PI|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12811] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

>What is the care i need to take so that BPM will run efficiently?

Nothing, if the end-2-end process is very performance critical or is producing high load do not use bpm. Do you notice any problems?

>3. Retry Mechanism -- Do i need to schedule any back ground jobs for the retry mechanism to occur ?

Just execute SXMB_ADM /Manage Queues. You can change the (default) results in Transaction SMQR.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo. I apprecite your suggestions.