cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identity center install problem: "echo unexspected at this time"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to install Identity Center on a Win2008 Server with SQL2005 running. After typing "mxmc-install" on the cmd the installation progress starts normally but jumps over the password entry for user sa, showing "--", then showing "Enter password for user mxmc_oper:" but didn't wait for any input showing next "Confirm password for user mxmc_oper:" and then ends with the message: "echo was unexspected at this time." So I can't install the database at all. The "mxmc-test localhost sa" is running normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"<command> was unexpected at this time" is an error message originating from the .CMD parser (what used to be called the DOS command parser!) So there is some sort of problem within mxmc-install.cmd itself. From where are you executing mxmc-install, and are you able to get a fresh copy via download/cd?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same Issue with mxmc-install.cmd.

So i did it with mxmc-xinstall.cmd with the default prefix mxmc.

My environment:

Virtual Machine

MS Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64

MS SQL Server Standard 2008

But at the end of the script i get the following:

• Update 517 installed

• Start installing update 518...

• Update 518 installed

Creating stored procedures

Cannot grant, deny, or revoke permissions to sa, dbo, entity owner, information_

schema, sys, or yourself.

Cannot grant, deny, or revoke permissions to sa, dbo, entity owner, information_

(1 row affected)

Done creating stored procedures

Installing HR sample data

HR sample data installed

Creating objects

Done creating objects

Result saved in mxmc_logfile.log

Anyone else got the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirme the solution.

Edited by: Erik Müller on May 5, 2011 10:55 AM

former_member192665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the problem on Windows Vista which is not supported. Never had the problem with XP. Did you use Vista?

Cheers,

Kai

-

http://kaidentity.blogspot.com/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

thanks for your help. First I hoped Matts idea would solve the problem because I started the script from a open folder on my host. (I'm installing on a virtual machine). But it didn't.

Then I tried mxmc-xinstall with given prefixes. That worked for me.

So the problem isn't really solved. I also think it must be something wrong with the script file.

Greetz, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is interesting. I've never had an issue with mxmc-install (and that includes running on NWIDM 7.1)

I'm thinking there was something going on here... mxmc-install creates a database mxmc_db, whereas mxmc-xinstall lets you customize the prefix. (ie, create nwidm_db) as the database name in mssql.

I'm wondering if you had a mxmc_db already configured, or if there was something in the master database from a previous install.

This is all assuming you're running MSSQL, but similar issues would exist in Oracle and the CMD files work the same way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

that really could be the cause. Although there where no previous mxmc_db, the master_db did contained some data.

And you are assuming right - I'm using MSSQL. It's a pitty, can't try it out at the moment.

Thanks for the brainwork,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

another problem could be , if you are running the script directly from CD.

the script creates log file(mxmc-install.log) from where script is executed.

I normally copy the scripts folder to harddisk and execute.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the exact same problem, same OS and also on VM, and mxmc-xinstall solved it for us as well.

My post before I realised your post held the solution, is here for reference...

[|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, I updated the above link with solution,

Regards

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karsten,

Make sure that you are running mxmc-install from the database server. Otherwise the scripts will not execute correctly.

Matt