cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL connectivity- restarting keystore service in Visual Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We got new certificate from customer since the existing certificate got expired. And now can anybody let me know do we require to restart the Keystore service for this or will the system behaves the same if we use the same keystore entry alias for a new certificate.

Is there any approach for this situation?

Your inputs are really appreicated.

Thanks,

Dhill.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The system wont allow you to import/load two entries with the same name.

So, you either delete the old one and load the new one (no need to change your application) or you load the new one with a new name (and then you need to update your application to use the new one).

Beware of cache issues (quite common when you use the same name for different objects...).

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

Thank you, I am going to delete the old one and load the new one but while doing this do I need to restart the keystore in J2EE engine or only Cache refresh is enough?

I am very specific about Keystore restart because if we go for an restart then we need to schedule for an outage in production. So I am looking for an option without an outage to replace the certificate in Keystore.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Dhill.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Restart should not be necessary at all.

Of course, as I've said, cache issues may arise and I've seen several cases where a restart was the only thing that solved.

Other times, what I had to do was to edit & save the adapter that uses the certificate, since it seems to cache the certificate somehow. Try doing that too.

Best regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Key Storage service of the J2EE Engine enables you to manage certificates and credentials on the server; you can also use it to generate keys and certificates. There is integration between the Key Storage, SSL Provider and Security Provider services on the J2EE Engine. If you want to use the SSL Provider service, the Key Storage service must be started first. The SSL Provider service can use the certificates generated by the Key Storage service

i hope, its better to restart the key storage service

Regards,

Sreenivas