cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Monitor - Macros APO 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community

I am currently facing a problem when trying to generate DB alerts for DP.

The situation is as follows:

A macro defined alert should be created if the difference between key figure 1 and 2 is >20% or smaller than -20%

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Key figure 1= Anual Plan initial

Key figure 2= Forecast Standard Portfolio

The key figure 2 is calculated per default as follows:

system generated statistical forecast

- manual adjustments absolut

- manual adjustments in %

= key figure 2

______________________________________________________________________________________

The macro for the alert is defined as follows:

1.step: delete all old alerts

2.step: calculate key figures 2

3.step: calculate difference between key figure 1 and 2 using a help table row

4.step: post the alert if the difference is out of the limits set -> >20% or <-20%

______________________________________________________________________________________

Alert profil, activities and jobs are set up using the same selection profile. Aggregation and selection level is only the "material". The alerts should be created via a process chain. The chain runs well with the following messages: 1. macros have been successfully executed and 2. no data has to be adjusted.

When opening the alert monitor the information message "no alerts could be selected" appears. I checked table /SAPAPO/AM_ALERT and was able to find entries related to my planning book, I use for mass processing (e.g. alert generation). .... What might be of further interest is that I did the following trials:

- run the alerts only for one material -> no success

- delete all alerts from the table via a deletion macro -> surprisingly not all alerts have been deleted ... for what reason ever ... afterwards I recalculated the alerts -> no success

- checked the macros in the interactive planning book via the MSDP_DBO and DBLIST Debugger funcionality ... they work well in the planning book

Any ideas about what I could check/ do additionally!? Could it probably be a problem which is related to a lack of table space !?

Many thanks in advance for any feedback and support!!!

Regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrice,

there are some things in this context that could be the origin for problems in generating alerts for DP.

First of all I would recommend to double check the macros you use to calculate the alerts. Pay attention to the order of all calculations. In some cases problems occur because for example you forgot a calculation or you wrote a step within the macro using a result which is calculated some steps further but is needed much earlier. If you are not sure which macro work at what time within your planning book you can use the transactions "=MSDP_DBO" -> Debugger on and/ or "=MSDP_DBLIST" -> Debugger list, in order to "trace" the macros or simply to get a better understanding within the planning book/ data view. (execute them in the view).

The main issue that caused my problems in generating the alerts (after solving errors within the macro calculation) was a problem regarding the table spaces, that means, the macros worked correct, the corresponding process chains worked well but the system obviously found no space to save the results. After an extension of the table spaces at the customer the alerts appeared in the alert monitor.

Hope that will help a bit ... Interesting OSS in this context are the following: 495166, 521639, 539797, 1092665 ...

Good luck

Kind regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franck,

I encounter the same type of problem using SCM 4.0 : in the AM I only find 400 alerts when I find 900 related alerts in /SAPAPO/AM_ALERT !!! Displayed alerts are not exhaustive... that's a big problem...

Could you please tell me how you fixed the problem, and wath's the cause of it please ?

Thanks a lot !!!

Fabrice