cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM SUS - Serious error:User must be assigned to a supplier company

Former Member
0 Kudos

When attempting to create new users in SUS, the supplier administrator cannot create users because of an error:

"Serious error:User must be assigned to a supplier company"

The administrator is unable to select a Company as the selection list is empty, even though in the Company Data tab in the Portal there is a company maintained correctly.

However, when checking the user in Manage Business Partners, it clearly does belong to the supplier company. Also, in transaction BP, there is a relationship between the Vendor and the user. The business partner for both the vendor and user have all the correct roles maintained for Portal Vendor and Internet User.

Does anyone know why the supplier company does not appear in the selection list?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Monica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE: This was raised as a message to SAP.

On investigation the vendor had been replicated with the flag "Portal" (partner role CRM008) which was incorrect. The flag Portal and Portal Vendor cannot be used for the same vendor.

When we created a new vendor and replicated, it did not have the flag "Portal" ticked. Then we were able to tick the "Portal Vendor" flag on it's own and the vendor was created successfully in SUS with the partner role (CRM007).

It is not known how the initial vendor was created with both Portal and Portal Vendor flags ticked - If I want to find out I must raise a new message to SAP! But new vendors appear to be working ok now.

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using the link -> which the system has send out in an e-mail> to the supplier administrator?

please let me know , if you are using the link -> as soon as you click on the link --> the system will default the supplier company associated..

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

Please check whether supplier adminstarartoe has proper roles and whether supplier has a contact person in pposv_bbp ..

Thnaks

Ravi