cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Usage

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'd like to know what is the Item Usage. Can anybody give me a definition?

What hapens if I customize (create) any Item Usage? Where this item is linked? Material? Sales Order? Customer?

We are in the middle of the availability check customization using both ECC and SCM. The availability check has to be done in SCM by gATP. We are following the SAP implementation guide and we are told to assign item usage APO1 and APO2 to the item category groups that we are using. Can somebody explain us what the APO1 and APO2 are used for and how are they triggered?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all Welcome to SDN forum

If you create Item usage the Item usage is linked to item category ,as the item usage is maintained in VOV4

The Item usage controls the system reaction when you create the sales order

The importance of usage field in item category determination VOV4 is it tells if you use your main item category with some usage then some item category will get determined automatically in the sales order.and these determinations will work in some concepts say For example , in free goods, material determination etc

Example in case of free goods :

OR + NORM + FREE + TAN = TANN

Kindly go through the link, which will help you

[]

Regards

Srinath

0 Kudos

Tks a lot for you prompt response!

Now, I want to know about the Item Usage APO1 and APO2.

Can somebody explain us what the APO1 and APO2 are used for and how are they triggered?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this help link

[Configuring Automatic Purchase Requisitions in the Sales System|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/5e/372e3b7532394ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (0)