cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part II: Adobe Print Forms with Web Dynpro for ABAP. -Practice issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am practicing Thomas jung Tutorial on Adobe forms [Part II: Adobe Print Forms with Web Dynpro for ABAP|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/a3e2f018-0b01-0010-c7a8-89deb6e63e97].

I am trying to complete this and looks like this tutorial in not complete.Anybody can help me in completing this until we get a preview of adobe form?

FYI.. Ic ompleted evevrything in tutorial and I am waiting to complete and test.

Rgds

Vara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You say that the tutorial is not complete. What part are you missing or having problems with? Perhaps more details would be helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Looks like I have incomplete video.I just have until Adobe form creation but there was no binding & testing from Webdynrpo.

FYI.. I don't have ZSFLIGHT_WITH_ICON_DATA.. instead I used SFLIGHT while creating nodes & I am trying to fill the table on SEARCH button and I wanto show this data in adobe form.

To cut short .. Input is via WD and output (internal table )should be via adobe form

rgds

vara

Edited by: Vara K on Jan 21, 2009 5:23 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I was able to watch the video all the way through. Make sure that if it stops in the middle you give it enough time to buffer - especially if you are on a slow internet connection. There is no testing shown in this video, because that is just a matter of running the Web Dynpro ABAP application. The important points of showing the form interface generation and the data binding are all in the video. At which point are you getting stuck in the process? You might search SDN as there are various other document and not video based tutorials on using Adobe Forms in Web Dynpro ABAP. If you are having problems with the video streaming you might find these more helpful.

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am also not able to see the video, it is getting struck at the start of last step i.e. while creating the adobe template source.... also one more thing i want to add here i am getting run time error if i double click give any name in template source and if i double click on it..... is there any naming convention there..... for more info i am having adobe 8.01.....

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Here is where I am stuck.

Wrote this code in ONACTIONSEARCH.I am getting my entries in internal table ISFLIGHT.

but unable to bind it to adobe form and show in the form.

*  SELECT statement 
    clear isflight. refresh isflight.
    select * into corresponding fields of table isflight from sflight
    where carrid =  ls_data_selections.

* navigate from <CONTEXT> to <ADOBE_DATA> via lead selection
  lo_nd_adobe_data = wd_context->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_adobe_data ).

* navigate from <ADOBE_DATA> to <SFLIGHT> via lead selection
  lo_nd_sflight = lo_nd_adobe_data->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_sflight ).
  lo_nd_sflight->bind_table( new_items = isflight set_initial_elements = abap_true ).

Error is Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

FYI.. I just dragged and dropped 2 elements from DATA to Adobe form.what are the other changes do i need to do in form gui elements so that it shows the internal table contents?

this would really help me..

Rgds

vara

Edited by: Vara K on Jan 21, 2009 5:51 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I can't help you much with viewing the entire video, since I don't have any control over the SCN hosting of it and it does play fine for me.

However on your context make sure that you have your data node structured such that it is a child of a 1:1 node and is not directly under the root. You need to data bind the InteractiveForm to an intermediate node and not the data node of your Sflight data itself and it can not be bound to the root node. I generally have something like ROOT->FORMS_NODE (1:1) -> Actual Data Nodes.

From inside the form itself, you should just be able to drag and drop the data node of SFLIGHT and it will generate a table UI element on the form with all the proper bindings in place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

You are great! my problem has been solved and i was able to bring those entries on to adobe form.

I change cardinality and also i followed your instructions on passing data via form node.

I only see one page of output looks there is some setting.. if it is quick pls let me know where do i need to change this?

rgds

vara

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you aren't rolling to the second page, that probably has to do with the surrounding container. You need to make sure that you are in a Subform of type Flow Content and that Allow Page Breaks within Content is set.

Answers (0)