Did you mean: 

SAP AC 5.3

yudittzruya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i have 2 important issues in which i'm looking for additional information :

1. In the RAR component - Do any of you have some documentation about the risks

(and their components) that come with system ?

2. In the SPM component - Do any of you have some experience with activating FF for SRM or BW ? how is the log on being executed ?

Thanks

Yudit

Edited by: Yudit Tzruya on Jan 21, 2009 5:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently have this issue. We may need to have someone from the technical team try to create a shopping cart or do some other activity in SRM that can not done be done through the GUI. They may also need to troubleshoot as a user is seeing it and the users do not have any reason to access the SRM GUI.

We created the Firefighter id in the production portal, however I noticed there is no log in the SPM reports when access with a FF id in the portal and a defined password. In addition, it does not show that the FF id is being used when you log into /VIRSA/VFAT.

Our solution was to have the person who needs the FF id to create a request in CUP and get the normal approvals. Once the request provisions to the SRM system, the portal team opens that FF id in the portal for the specific time noted in the CUP request. An authorization trace is turned on to log to some degree what they are accessing. If they need the GUI then of course they can use /virsa/vfat where SPM works like normal.

If there is a way to make this work correctly using SPM I would love to hear it.

Edited by: turnyq on Jul 18, 2011 7:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yudit

You can see all the standard risks that comes with SAP by logging into RAR, Rule architect -> Risk -> search. The same details you can find as text files which you actually upload as post installation tasks to RAR. What other document you are looking for risks that are in SAP system?

I do not think SPM activation will be different for SRM or BI. If your RTAs are installed , you should be able to execute /N/VIRSA/VFAT and from there you will be able to login. As of now I have not seen any document which specifies the SPM configuration for SRM or BI will be different. let me know if you have found some thing like that.

yudittzruya
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sahad,

i thought maybe we some additional documentation on those risks that would make it easy to do some external gap analysis (like in a spreadsheet format or somthing) but i will definitely take your recomendations.

Regarding the SRM - the launching of the FF transaction is supposed to be made from the GUI and not from the web ? in most of our customers, the business user have access only to the web app. (in most cases a direct link from the enterprise portal)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yudit

If you want those risk in excel format you can actually download them in excel/spreadsheet. Select the risk and next to the backbutton you have option to save that to your desktop.

in case of SRM, can you actually contact EP team and ask if they are actually calling SAPGUI HTML as iviews and showing it in EP ?. if that is the case then you should be able to execute all the transactions.

Please first check with EP and SRM team and make sure that they are calling SAP GUI for HTML or not.

yudittzruya
Participant
0 Kudos

Regarding the SRM - i'll check the EP issue.

leaving the EP link aside, is the SPM transaction (/virsa/vfat) executed in the web app. of the SRM ? i just want to understand the process that the user will have to do in order to get as a FF user to perform action in the SRM (action that is done in the web app.).

In the ERP this is easy because the user enter the regular ERP system and just launch the SPM transaction and log on in it to get the new entry screen.

In SRM, because we have the web app. and the back-end system (the SAP GUI) the process is a little deferent.

yudittzruya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

we are trying to see what we can do with Firefighter for SAP web application as SRM or BW.

we have learned that we can only access SAP GUI as a fire fighter. this is very problematic because business process in SRM is being done in the web-GUI.

Do anyone have experience with that ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

> that we can only access SAP GUI as a fire fighter

Did Sap gave you the confirmation?. Have you contacted SAP support regarding this?. let me once this is completed.

Thank you.

yudittzruya
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm in touch with guys from the Regional Implementation Group in EMEA.

Technically, SPM supports Any SAP System, which is ABAP stack and 4.6C, 6.20, 6.40 or 7.0 basis release level - it depends only on the basis release level.

But when a FF can access only SAPGUI applications

If you additional contacts to check this issue it would be great

thanks