Did you mean: 

Trying to call a Webservice - "Settings for the J2EE Server do not exist."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we're on SAP ECC 6.0 and I'm trying to get access to a webservice:

BAPI converted to Webservice ok

Webservice activated ok

http active ok

WSADMIN - click on the WSDL button - browser launches, user id requested, userid given, WSDL displays perfect! Even tested from the outside.

WSADMIN - click on the Web service homepage - Settings for WDSL generation (RPC or Document style, same result) - Error - "Settings for the J2EE Server do not exist."

Internet browesr - I go to the URL for the WSDL - works again perfect!

Internet browesr - I go to the URL - error ! <faultstring xml:lang="en">SOAP processing failure, error id = 112 </faultstring>

Are the two errors the same?

Do I have to have a J2EE server to enable Webservices?

Is this a complex system change?

Is there a workaround?

Thanks for any tips on getting Webservice to function

Philip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Next to the setting for the j2ee server in the SOAMANAGER transaction you still need to make one setting in the WSADMIN (even though it's obsolete...).

So in WSADMIN select in the menu GOTO->Administration settings and fill the j2ee server address and port.

This should solve your error,

Regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the valuableinput.

have downloaded SOAPUI which looks like a great tool.

However I still get the same message and the problem is that I don't think we have a J2EE server enabled!

Is it absolutely necessary to have J2EE? Surely we can do this off the ABAP stack?

Like I said, we have successfully pulled out a WDSL from ABAP stack, so now it's simply(!) a matter of getting the web pages served. http server is enabled.

Any thoughts?

Good weekend.

Edited by: Phillip Dobbie on Jan 23, 2009 4:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Philipp,

you need a J2EE server if you want to use the functionality 'webservice homepage'. there's no way around that.

what I wanted to point out earlier is that you do not necessarily need that functionality 'webservice homepage', neither for running the service nor for testing it.

load the WSDL into SOAPUI, fill in some values and run it against the webservice. voila. ther's no more information in 'webservice homepage'.

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when the WAS ABAP has a webserver running and the WSDL service up and running (WSDLs are created dynamically) you get the WSDL served from WAS ABAP.

"Webservice homepage" is an application written in Java and running on WAS Java., So, if you want to use that application you have to have a WAS JAVA up and running, you have to have the application 'Webservice homepage' up and running and of course on WAS ABAP you have to have the URL of the WAS JAVA specified to enable the WSADMIN function to link you to the Java app.

Most probably you do not even have a WAS Java running and/or the application 'webservice homepage" not set up. Either way, in my opinion the application "webservice homepage" is crap anyway (because it is not really independent. if SAP implements something strangely on the server side they of course implement it the same way on the client/testing side, so you never find out that in real world scenarios e.g. no client understands the feature X the way SAP implemented it). use any non-SAP-tool to test your SAP webservices, e.g. XML Spy, or SOAPUI.

my 2 cents,

anton