cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually Starting the IGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am running NW04 on Windows server 2003 64bit\MS SQL 2005, we are having some problems with the IGS not running correctly and giving incorrect information when I ran ABAP GRAPHICS_IGS_ADMIN, so I did an end process on the IGSWD.EXE process and the other IGS processes stopped.

How do I restart the IGS? looking at the start profile I tried the command :

IGSWD.exe -mode=all -sysname=<SID> -sysno=00

ran from

\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\igs\bin

but this gives the error

Configuration file could not be read!

The IGS.xml file looks ok, what is the standard process for manually starting the IGS ?

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got the IGS started manually with the command :

igswd.exe -mode=ALL -dir=..

The only problem with the command "igswd.exe -mode=ALL -dir=.." to start the IGS is that it only runs while the session starting the IGS is logged on, if you logoff this kills the process, whereas when SAP starts via the start profile, the process starts as SAPservice<SID> so the process does not run in a session that will be terminated at logoff.

I guess you can use the AT command to run it in the background, but i decided to stop and start the SAP instance so the start profile started the IGS correctly as a service.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you can manually start the IGS with the following command:

On UNIX Platform -

/usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run/igswd_mt -mode=profile pf=/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/<instance profile> &

(& is to start the process in background)

On Windows platforms -

D:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\run\igswd.exe -mode=profile pf=D:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile\<instance profile>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Try this...

go to /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/igs/bin

./stopigs

./startigs -p /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/igs (to start you have to type the whole path)

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have yuo given the entry that needs to be given in Visual administrator.

<server_name> :<port>

port is the IGS server port, in the format 4<instance>80.