cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support message very high priority

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working in a VAR SAP at Solution Manager SP17.

1.- The SAP support message with high priority should be attended by me or by SAP if this SAP support messages is sended during working hours?

1.- The SAP support message with high priority should be attended by me or by SAP if this SAP support messages is sended out working hours?

Please, could you help me?

Thanks and Regards,

Tomas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I'm working in a VAR SAP at Solution Manager SP17.

>

> 1.- The SAP support message with high priority should be attended by me or by SAP if this SAP support messages is sended during working hours?

>

> 1.- The SAP support message with high priority should be attended by me or by SAP if this SAP support messages is sended out working hours?

Page 33, 34 of the following VAR Service Desk Configuration Guide explains, how to maintain business hours:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000085322&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_O...

Business hours, is the time frame, in which you provide support for your customers.

Messages with priority "Very High" are forwarded automatically to SAP, if they have been created outside the business hours, which have set for your business partners.

Example: You maintain as the business hours 8:00 - 18:00. This means, a Very High message which is sent before 8:00 and after 18:00 will be forwarded automatically to SAP.

Do you already know, that there is a forum focusing on VARs?

https://www.sdn.sap.[SAP Solution Manager for VAR Partners|/community [original link is broken]; (access for VAR partners only)

Your question would fit perfect into this forum. If you wish, I can move the thread.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruedinger,

Thanks for your help, it has been very usefull.

I don't mind if you put this message into the VAR forum, but the only problem is that I don't have permission to see that forum.

How can I see it??

Thanks and Regards

Tomas.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I don't mind if you put this message into the VAR forum, but the only problem is that I don't have permission to see that forum.

I will find out, why you are not able to access the VAR forum.

(I will also speed up msg 1082909, which is currently placed on a wrong component.)

Best regards, Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomas-

Depending on the situation (ie, production client, loss of business, etc) the message may have different response times. Generally, if the message is high priority it will be responded to very quickly, regardless of working hours or not.

SAP provides 24x7 support for their software and, depending on your service agreement, you should receive a response within a few hours or up to 12 hours for high priority cases.

So, if you have an issue with a sandbox system, not affecting business, your response would take longer than a production system severly cripling business/sales.

Thanks!