cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor erroneous messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have implemented scenario HTML -> XI -> RFC -> ERP. Sceneario in this direction is ASYNCHRONOUS. I have found out, that I have there some issues. From time-to-time ERP system is not accessible (database validation or verification is in progress). BUT, when message comes in the critical time (when SAP ERP is down), SAP XI processes the message and sets flag PROCESSED SUCCESSFULLY!!! The fact is, that in SAP ERP there is no incomming message so the message couldn't be processed successfully!!! I expected, that in this case XI marks the messages as "erroneous". I expect that this behavior has something to do with asynchronous scenario ... Am I right? Have you got any ideas how to configure my scenario to be able to catch this erroneous statuses?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the messages are "successfully" send to to the target application, what is the Adapter Engine. AE will by default try to restart the message 3 times at intervals of 5 minutes before the status of the message is changed from "Waiting" to "System" Error. If your system is up very quickly, dont care, smoke a cigarette and everything will be fine.

See as well Naveens blog: [XI : How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2728] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you gays,

you are right, in RWB there is "system error" status. Udo Martens writes that "AE will by default try to restart the message 3 times at intervals of 5 minutes before the status of the message is changed from "Waiting" to "System" Error". I know that our ERP system is down for approx. 30 minutes. Is it possible to change the number of "tries" (for example from 3 to 10?) if yes, where I can changed it? Thanks in advance.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Udo has also provided link to a weblog. Check that and you will understand where to change the settings/.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, now I just dont know how to access visual admin ... our admin said that I should download JAVA application (like integration repository or directory application) but he does not know the exact link, where I should download it from ... our SAP XI is installed on UNIX/LINUX platform ... ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

´Hi,

In Moni it will show successfully deliverd, but if you check in RWB under message monitoring your meesages will be either in system error or in Holding state which you can reprocess when receiving system (R/3) is up and running.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This basically Happens When The size of the Database And the Space Availiable is very less towards ECC

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>(when SAP ERP is down), SAP XI processes the message and sets flag PROCESSED SUCCESSFULLY!!!

The Message will error out in RFC Adapter ( Check in RWB ) , Configuring Alert will help you,

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss