Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store documents in network path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need to store original documents created from CV01N in network path (Ex.:
server01\SharedDir). I am not sure that I select optimal and right solution for that. I want to use Data Carrier Type u201Carchiveu201D.

If it is ok I have question: how I can set path (
server01\SharedDir) to store documents?

Thanks to advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergej,

please made sure that you have maintained a data carrier in transaction DC20. Here you have to create also a mountpoint which is linked to the correct network path.

For more information please see also the small blue info button in transaction DC20.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for answer. I use existing mount point PC, I only changed path on
server01\SharedDir. When I making u2018Check inu2019 of my document then dialog screen to appears, I select storage data u2018Archiveu2019 here and I see storage category u2018A2u2019. My problem is in this storage category. Where I can make settings for this storage category or create the new?

I know that this category have been assigned in DC20 in u2018Define archivesu2019 as Name of Data Carrier. I select with F4 values that have name u2018Archive IDu2019, but I donu2019t know - where I can setup this Archive ID (change or create new)? Could you help me with it?

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Sergej,

you should be able to define a new archive and path in the customizing (SPRO) under

Document Management System >> General Data >> Settings for Storage Systems >> Maintain storage system.

Here you should also be able to edit the existing archives and paths.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

I donu2019t found archive id u2018A2u2019 in Storage system. Also I have created new storage system here and it is also invisible in DC20. I set for new storage system Document area as u2018ArchiveLinku2019 and Storage type as u2018RFC archiveu2019. What is maybe wrong?