cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In PI 7.1, condition editor does not show the outbound interface structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using PI 7.1, I need to use condition whild determing receivers. So I opened the condition editor, then open the expression editor, select XPath instead of Context object. I would expect that the outbound interface structure appears in the box underneath the XPath, so that I can navigate the structure to choose the field I want to use. However nothing appears here. Do you knwo why is that? Or do I need to do anything to bring up the outbound interface structure in the expression editor?

Thanks

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

I had the same problem

the use of context objects and the value help for xpath is available for XI3.0 interfaces in PI 7.10 only. The functionality for "new" interfaces has been implemented in 7.11 only.

you have to use xpath w/o value help.

I have created a context object in one of our 7.10 test systems, and indeed I was unable to use it in a receiver determination unless the service interface pattern is "Stateles (XI 3.0 compatible)". If you were to change the service interface to that pattern, you have to change the operation name unless it is already identical to the interface name. So that may not be an option for you.

It was possible to use the context object in a receiver rule but then I could not activate the receiver determination because the software component version was supposedly unknown. I will check with my PI contacts - please let me know if the change to "XI 3.0" interface would be a possible workaround for you.

Try the steps which I am giving below, although it's a workaround and don't know the exact reason why it is failing.

1. Open your Outbound Message Interface (which you are using in your Receiver Determination) in IR, edit it and change the Interface pattern (which is there just below the category "Outbound") to "Stateless (XI30 - Compatible)" , save it activate it.

2. Follow the same step for your Inbound Message Interface. Change the Interface Pattern from "Sateless" to "Stateless (XI30 - Compatible)" .

3. Go to ID. Remove your Outbound and Inbound Message Interface from their respective Business Service/Comp and add it again.

4. Create your your receiver determination again using the Outbound and Inbound MI you have changed.

5. Open condition editor of your receiver determination.You should be able to see your Message Interface and can choose the XPath.

Thanks,

Raj

Edited by: raj reddy on Jan 21, 2009 5:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

thank you so much for your information. Yes, changing to XI 3.0 compatible solves the problem. Thanks again.

BTW, what XI 3.0 compatible means? is there any disadvantage to use this option?

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

I dont think there will be any disadvantages and the next version 7.11 has this functionlaity for all interfaces.

I am happy that your problem is solved.

Thanks,

Raj

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

in XI 3.0/PI 7.0, all message interfaces could only contain one operation. Im not sure you had ever imported a wsdl with several operations in it, but in those versions, you had to create one interface for each operation. On the "background", what really happened is that, for each message interface, there was just one unique operation, with the same name of the message interface, but it was never shown to the user.

In PI 7.1, however, it is possible to define one single interface (now called service interface) with several operations in it. Of course, those new interfaces are not backward compatible. XI 3.0 stateless interfaces are service interfaces with a single operation which has the same name of the service interface.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This basically happens because of 3 reasons:

1) Either the cache is not refreshed dynamically--->Perform Delta Cache refresh Using Transaction code SXI_CACHE

2) Either the object which you created as Message type is not activated but saved.

3) There is some problem in the structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally it should come without any porblems. Anyway have you activated the objects in IR. If yes then

refresh the cache and in ID from menu Environment --> Clear SLD Data Cache and then try it again.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cache is cleared, IR objects activated, (otherwise you won't be able to create receiver determination), still no show of interface structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Out editing some field of the message type and Then Save--> Activate

Or try out creating an Context Object in IR and try to use this in ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me it still seems a cache issue if you are doing all well. Try to refresh the cache by SXI_CACHE ---> from menu select full cache refresh.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sainath,

tried to change and activate, no effect.

Context object works fine in the expression editor, I can see all adapter specific attributes there.

Just when select XPath, the interface structure does not show.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

sxi_cache shows cache up to date. BTW sxi_cache only refresh cache for IE (abap stack), CPA cache is for java stack. But since I never have problem with cache, I doubt the cache is the issue.

Thanks

Jayson