cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling AdapterModule after standard channel module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is it safe to call AdapterModule after standard channel module (on async processing)?

I can't get any stable results, sometimes (more than sometimes, very often) NullPointerException is thrown, so I am wondering maybe there are some channel/J2EEEngine settings, which have to be applied to make it work.

p.s. the orgonal task is to implement notifications about succesfully processed messages, maybe you have sme other ideas for this task...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know, Once the control is passed on to a standard module it calls the adapter.

And then adapter takes on the control.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After the standard SAP module, the XI message is empty. When you want to access that message, you receice null pointer exception.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan, are you sure about this?

For me it would be logical to keep the message until all the modules in a chain are not processed...

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> For me it would be logical to keep the message until all the modules in a chain are not processed

"The figure shows where you must insert your own modules ... in the module processor in

asynchronous communication. You always insert the modules before the adapter module."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a4/f13341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan, yes in most of the cases this is the way to folow, but is the message really deleted from the memeory and is no longer accesible?

I mean, I was trying to throw different Exceptions from the process method of the module and was able to see them in the Audit Log of the message, which means that the module after the Standard module is actually called, but how to access message content from threre?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create another adapter module to save message content (or whatever you want) in supplementalDataTable object and use it in following modules in chain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you want to call the customized adapter modle, it should be called before the standard module.

Many Thanks

Rinku Gangwani