cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Priorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i am trying to set up priorization, but I still have doubts on how it works.

If I understand correctly, if i define an inbound queue, I dont have to specify a receiver and i do if i define outbound queue, right ?

Lets say I define an inbound queue and outbound queue. My question is, I have messages coming at the same time in the queue XTB1 (high priority for inbound) and XTBA (high priority for outbound), will the message be processed in parrallel since the priority is the same or not ?

Otherwise, isnt it better to just define an outbound queue ?

Hope ive been clear enough, any help wold be apreciated

King regards,

Jamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks, but I dont really get the transaction SMSQ, how do I define a destination ? what is a destination concretly ?

Anyway, I have about 50 interfaces. Some are High, some are medium and the others are low.

They all are asynchronous and I have about 5 legacies.

How do you think I should proceed?

As i see it, i divide the high priority into the two queues (XTB1 & XTBA) and so on for the other priorities.

Which means for example, if i have 10 high priority interfaces, i define 5 for inbound queue so that it uses XTB1 queue and 5 other for outbound queue so that it uses XTBA.

Am I a bit correct ? or totally wrong ?

Also, what happens if I send messages of two different interfaces, but with high priority ?

thanks a lots for your help!

Kindly,

Jamal

Edited by: ba_da_boom on Jan 21, 2009 3:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answers.

Whats the difference then between inbound queue and outbound queue ? and whats the point of defining one or the other ? why not just define everything in inbound queue or outbound ?

Kind regards,

Jamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for Whats the difference then between inbound queue and outbound queue

qRFC with Outbound Queue

The qRFC LUWs are executed using the outbound scheduler. The outbound scheduler uses parallel RFC to process the outbound queue. To allow this, you need to maintain the destinations in transaction SMQS.

The outbound scheduler then checks the resources and executes parallel RFCs if resources are available. If no resources are available, synchronous RFC is used instead.

qRFC with Inbound Queue

If you are using the inbound queue, the inbound scheduler takes is responsible for processing the inbound queue. To allow this, you need to register the queue names to be processed using the inbound scheduler in transaction SMQR.

The inbound scheduler then checks the resources and executes parallel RFCs if resources are available. If no resources are available, the scheduler waits until resources become available.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/62/73241e03337442b1bc1932c2ff8196/frameset.htm

Regards

Abhishek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if i define an inbound queue, I dont have to specify a receiver and i do if i define outbound queue, right ?

for inbound case, you won't find any Receiver ID option at all. And for outbound too, specifying it is optional.

will the message be processed in parrallel since the priority is the same or not ?

Yes, messages should get processed in parallel for separate queues.

Regards,

Prateek