cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP as per order type ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone throw some light on whether it is possible to adjust my ATP check settings based on my order type?

What is want is that for normal sales order, my ATP check settings will not take the safety stock into account

BUT

For rush orders, i want that the system should also consider the safely stock as being available.

So based on my order type, i want to have different Checking group and checking rule combination.

Was wondering if i can use the ATP exit to map this req.

Do let me know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijeet,

Franck is right you can't solve your situation thru customizing, but may Userexit ATP00001 can help you.

Regards

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijeet,

In Sales and Distribution, the checking rule is specified internally within the system and cannot be changed. (copy/paste from customizing documentation).

So it will always be 'A' (SD Order) when entering the Sales Order.

There is a "rules based availability check" in SD customizing, but it only works with APO.

A real shame, because it would probably allow you to have different ATP behaviour for standard and rush sales orders.

If I had to do it, I would probably:

• Create a new checking rule

• Make a system modification to overcome SAP limitation and have use the new checking rule in case of rush orders

• Customize the availability check control for the Checking Group for Availability Check (maybe 02, individual requirement) and the new checking rule, so that it takes in account the safety stock.

• Have a coffee to celebrate if it works fine at first try

I know it's a modification, but in case the modification get's overwritten in case of upgrade, the system would not use the safety stock anymore for the rush orders, until the modification is applied again. But that would not be critical, because the system would still be working in the standard way (checking rule 'A').