Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Remote Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to monitor in real time what a user is doing when logged on from a remote location. For example mirror the session as it occurs. Interested in any solutions being used by other SAP installations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you need this on a regular basis or as a one time control?

I think it is very difficult, if the user can connect every time he wants. I assume you want to replay the session later on, so the monitoring should be done in the background and nobody watches the session online?

If the user has to request the connection and you have enough time to watch his session online I would use a remote control tool like VCN or web conference tools.

6 REPLIES 6

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you need this on a regular basis or as a one time control?

I think it is very difficult, if the user can connect every time he wants. I assume you want to replay the session later on, so the monitoring should be done in the background and nobody watches the session online?

If the user has to request the connection and you have enough time to watch his session online I would use a remote control tool like VCN or web conference tools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about [NetMeeting|http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetMeeting]?

Obviously the user should be able to accept or decline being "watched". What you can hold back on is the access, until they accept being watched.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Users will be granted access in a controlled mprocess and to defined time

0 Kudos

So you want to record their session (not necessarily watch it live) and have it available for safekeeping if needed later on?

0 Kudos

Ideally watch live but as minimum record and retain.

0 Kudos

Then just use NetMeeting or a WebEx session, and only hit "Save" in Su01 to assign their access once they have accepted the session.

Cheers,

Julius