cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Limit orders with multiple lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

does anyone know if it is possible to generate an SRM/ERP purchase order with more than one limit order line.

We want to use limit orders for processing telephone bills, problem is that the invoices from our telephone company use more than one VAT rate depending upon the item being charged.

In this case to avoid complications during invoice entry the limit order should really have more than one line.

We can estimate how much the yearly bills should be; so we want to enter a limit order for the amounts so we get commitments in our backed ERP system split between the two VAT rates.

I don't understand why a limit order should only have one line?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Allen Brooks

SRM BPO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

thanks for your input for this problem, which is now solved.

The answer is to enter multiple Confirmation lines at the different Tax rates so the invoice can be split between the different lines. Thanks to Sanjeev for pointing me in the right direction.

By this method we do not require multiple lines on the Limit order PO.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Regards

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we have multiple account assignment for limit PO, I want to post service entry sheet and Invoice for ths order.

regards,

JM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JM,

by value by percentage?

SAP Note 1315910 -Create PO for Limit SC fails

Note 861889 - Limitations on limit and service PO's in case of ECS

sometimes it is not working in EBP upon the account assignment IO /percentage .it may error out. However you do test.

regards

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Thanks for your input.

We definitley cannot have more than one line on a Purchase Order, but only for Limit PO's. As you correctly informed us Standard PO's can have many lines, it is only Limit orders that are affected.

Additionally if we raise a Limit type PO, SRM will not allow us to add any more lines by using the browser menu item "Process Purchase orders". Attempting this produces a red error message

"Purchase order has more than one limit item. Only one is permitted"

Of course we could change the error to a warning, or disable it altogether, but we are concerned about other effects in the system. SAP standard appears to be only one item per limit order but we don't know why?

Once again thanks for your suggestion and we will have a look at the Badi.

Regards

Allen

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is a standard limitation imposed by SRM system. Only one limit item per PO is allowed due to some service package restrictions. However you should be able to add multiple lines in confirmations and invoices and you should be able to use multiple tax rates.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

thanks for your replies but I may not have explained myself properly.

The problem is not with the Shopping Cart but with the PO's generated from the Cart.

I realise that I can put more than one limit item in a shopping cart. But if I put two items in from the same vendor I generate two limit order type PO's for the vendor instead of just one. SAP does not appear to want to put more than one limit item onto a PO.

The problem that I tried to explain is that the Vendor sends a single invoice with two different tax rates, as they break their services down by tax code. This means we cannot enter the invoice against one line of the limit PO and we currenlty have to split the invoice beween two limit order PO's which is not good business practice.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Have you checked all the header fields in the POs are the same? If both cart lines have the same vendor, company code, purchase org and purchase group you should get 1 PO. I can not check this at the moment unfortunately, but will do soon.

If it really does give you 2 POs, you can try the BBP_SC_TRANSFER_BE BADI method GROUP_PO which allows you to define your own grouping criterea.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can create any number of limit items in a cart along with the combination of normal line items.

PO generation will be based on the key fields which we take like company code,purchasing group, purchasing org etc..

Implement the badi BBP_SC_TRANSFER_BE if we want to create PO based on combination i.e; if shopping cart has a combination of normal and limit item then we can determine their if we want either a single PO or multiple one.

Lokesh Bollineni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. You can have any number of limit lines, just keep clicking on "create limit item" then "add to shopping cart", or create 1 line then press the copy button then change the new lines.

If you are using BBPSC02 (shopping cart wizard) you will have to keep going back to step 1 to get the link.

If you are using BBPSC01 (full functionality) just scroll back up to the top.

Regards,

Dave.