cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Interactive Forms via Mail and PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently implementing an adobe interactive forms scenario (offline) at our customer.

The initial scenario was the folllowing

1. PDF is generated on the CRM system and downloaded towards the clients PC

2. PDF is adjusted by enduser

3. When all info is added, enduser presses the submit button in the pdf, this triggers the sending of an email, with an attachment containing the filled in data in xml format.

4. PI reads the mail, takes the XML and processes the data.

The scenario was quiet easy to enable.

Now the customer wants the PDF to be mailed instead of or toghetger with the xml representing the data. Reason for this is that they want to pdf to be stored inside the initial transaction (service order) in SAP (archiving reasons).

The PI system is just acting as a mail client. When the mail is read, the pdf needs to be converted into an xml, representing the data. I would like to use the adobe document service to convert the pdf.

So the system that generates the pdf (=CRM) and the system that needs to convert it (PI) is different.

Can the adobe document service by addressed from within a standard java or abap class.

Any idea whether this can be done and how?

Easier solution would be, attaching the pdf and the xml in the mail message. Is this possible?

Kind regards

Joris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adobe Interactive form can be generated and sent it via email by using a normal Java class. But that Java class should run in a server which should contain Adobe DocumentService.This java class can be archived as a par file and deployed on Portal server or can be written as a Webservice and can be triggered by clicking on a URL.

Hope this blog helps.

/people/ramesh.kotagiri/blog/2009/01/19/dynamic-generation-of-offline-adobe-interactive-forms-for-sap-46c-and-ep-70-without-user-intervention-part-150-iii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Thanks for the reply.

However: I want to do the opposite. I'll receive the adobe form in PI and I want to convert it into a xml structure.

Kind regards

Joris

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You have the data with you.If so i will try to tell how to build an XMLfile out of it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell me how to do this via a java or abap program.

Remember that this has to happen on the backend without any user interaction.