cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Size parameter in Partner Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I'd need your advice. We have 2 systems (SAP and Non-SAP) and we need to connect them by mean of HR-PDC interface (IDoc communication is supported). We can create new Partner Profile in SAP and we can add a few IDoc types as Inbound Parameters of the partner profile. Then it is possible to define maximal package size for several IDoc types. I suppose that the Non-SAP system reads the Partner Profile and the "Package Size" parameter for the particular IDoc type before it sends some IDoc to SAP system. IDoc's size is limited by the parameter.

And now our problem. We need to insert XI between these 2 systems. XI should only forward IDocs and nothing else. How could I set up limitation of IDoc's size? Do you thing that following scenarion could be working?

I would define Partner Profile in XI same way as in the previous case in SAP. XI is configured to process IDocs in Integration Server by means of IDoc adapter. My expectation is that the Non-SAP system would read the partner profile in XI (including "Package Size" parameter) and then it would send IDoc to XI. Then XI would process the received IDocs in IDoc adapter.

How can be "Package Size" parameter useful for inbound IDocs?

Best Regards,

Zbynek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Check the blog below

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/12/02/xipi-sender-idoc-adapter-packaging

Rajesh

Answers (0)