cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Product Category Transfer to SHC from Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Experts,

I want to control the product categories of the items that users can shop. I assigned the allowed product categories per department in Extended Attributes in PPOMA_BBP. When I tested this restriction via Internal Goods/ Services, I got my desired result (I was prompted "No authorization to purchase from product category '&' "). However when I tried shopping via Catalog (MDM), I was allowed to order items from categories not included in PPOMA_BBP. Is there a way to also restrict the product categories when users shop via punch-out catalogs?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

ASP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can implement the BADI "BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI" to retsrict the users from entering any unwanted categories from the punch out catalog.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

The standard BADI "BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI" is already implemented in the system. Do you mean to say we have to make enhancements with this BADI?

Thanks!

ASP

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ASP,

You can restrict the product categories for catalgoues through views. Please create a different view with list of product categories and you can assign these views throguh PFCG.

I hope you are aware of creation of views if not then please let me know.After creation of view, then go to PFCG t-code and Create a new role with ref to CCMCATALOG_SEARCH and select the ZCCMCATALOG_SEARCH which you have created and go to personalisation tab and select the Assign Catalog Views to Roles /CCM/VIEW_ASSIGNMENTS and assign the view to that role. assign the role to user who are required.

Thnaks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

When you say catalog views, do you mean Masking/ Named Search views? If yes, I know how to do that. That is my other option but I'm looking for alternate solutions because this will entail heavy maintenance for our part (I will have to create more or less 100 views). Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry but i do not have any other solutions with me.

Thanks

Ravi

Answers (0)