cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Cat TANN & Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a small problem and i am hoping someone can help me out.

When i change a material on a sales order to TANN in the Item Cat, my understanding is that that item should become free of charge?? But alas it does not, it still drags in some conditions.

What have i checked : -

I check the config of the item Cat and the field "Pricing" has an empty box meaning no pricing, so no i am stuck....

Where else should i be looking for this??

I want it to work as it should.....

Regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the conditions tab of the free goods line item if the condition type R100 is determined or not.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not usin the free goods option.

So no it is not there

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Steve

Item category TANN is maintained as B in the pricing field that means 100% discount and it is picked up by the system provided you have R100 condition type in your pricing procedure

R100 comes with requirement 55 and alternate base value formula 28 thro whick it accesses pricing control B which we maintain in TANN and nullifies its value and that is 100 % discount

If you dont have R100 condition type in your PP then even for TANN the value will be calculated eventhough the pricing is B because the link is missing

Better maintain TANN with pricing B and also R100 in your PP

Without R100 condition type in PP always TANN will carry a value and it is not free of charge

Define pricing by item categories also TANN is pricing type B only

What is your issue?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Did than and now my item is KLN "Free of charge item" not TANN, althought my order type and mateial cat are set to go to TANN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could it be something to do with inclusion and exlusions of prices???

As we have some of these setup?

Plus i a want this material to default to TANN all the time...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve, You have not mentioned the condition type that is active. I would recommend going into your pricing procedure(V/08) and look at the active condition type's requirement. In this requirement should be a check like: check: komp-prsfd ca 'BX'. An example of this is in LV61A002. PRSFD is the config setting on the item category. So if that config looks good and you are determining TANN, I assume you don't have a requirement assigned to the condition type. If not the standard requirement is '2'. Just assign '2' to the cond type under the Reqt field and this should restrict pricing from being executed for a TANN item cat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthew,

Thank you very much, problem solved,

Points awarded.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Steve

If you want to change manually any item categories in sale order, ensure that in VOV4, for your sale order type, you have maintained the item category which you wanted to input manually, under the tab MITCa

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we have the order type and the the material item cat and then TANN

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steev

The assignment should be in this form. Check it whether it is there or not.

SO type Item Cat group Usage H Item Cat. MItemcat MItemcat MItemcat

OR VERP TAN TAL TAN TANN

maintain your item catergory determination in VOV4in this way.

thanks

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi steve,

Once if u change item catagery to TANN

System pops out a message "New Pricing carried out" and makes the order value zero.

this is the normal process(standard)

What message you got when you changed item catagery to TANN?

Where is the price capturing in your scenario?

Regards,

Reddyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Red,

One thing i forgot to mention, the Item Cat on the Material Matster is a VERP, we dont getting any messages relating to the price being changed.

Just as a foot note i have also checked "Define pricing by Item Cat" these are all blank also.

The charges that are passed over are freight charges.Which are set by Price grp and plant.