cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight cost condition on header level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want a manual price condition for freights on the header level of the order. We have created the condition through v/06 with this fields:

condition class: A discount or surcharge

calculat. type: B fixed amount

plus/minus: A positive

manual entries: no limitation

and we have ticked: header condition, delete, amount percent.

But when we have checked how it works, we have seen that this condition is copied to item level. Then, in our case, the picking quantity it can be different to the order quantity. So when we perform the billing, the value of freight changes because it depends of the new quantity on item level.

What can we do for solving that problem? We are declaring wrong the price condition?

Thank you,

Abel

Edited by: Abel Raya on Jan 21, 2009 10:16 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Ok, i will try to explain better the problem.

I have a freight condition created (1000 euros at header level). This condition is well distributed for all items in the order (3 items, every position with target quantity 10 and with same price. every position has a freight cost of 333 euros because is distributed from de header level value). Till here everything works well.

Now the user performs the picking, but with a bigger quantity than the order target quantity (one of the above items has a quantity of 20, the others 10).

Then, after billing, we have an invoice with a bigger price of freight costs (1333 euros at header level, because 1 position has 666 euros of freight cost) .

What i want is that the freight cost doesn't change its total value. If in the order, in header level, we have a freight condition of 1000 euros, in the invoice i want the same price in the header. It doesn't mind if picking quantity increase.

Have you any idea of what i have todo with the conditions?

Thank you so much,

Abel

Edited by: Abel Raya on Jan 21, 2009 3:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is peculiar behavior of a fixed value condition (where it calculates on weight/volume). I too faced this problem. The reason why this happens is that during pricing in the Invoice, system compares the old and the new quantity, and then adjusts the value of the condition as per the new increased quantity. I resolved it with the help of a User Exit by coding in a way wherein if the system finds that the quantity has been increased in the delivery (that is, if there is a difference in the old quantity and new quantity), then replace the old quantity with the new quantity.

The standard coding on the calculation can be seen in the Function Module: Pricing_copy, Program: LV61AU15. Here, search for the code: "IF quantity_old > 0 AND quantity_old NE quantity_new".

if quantity_old > 0 and quantity_old ne quantity_new.

xkomv-kwert = xkomv-kwert * quantity_new / quantity_old.

xkomv-kawrt = xkomv-kawrt * quantity_new / quantity_old.

endif.

Put a break point here and create an Invoice through VF01, you will know how the system is doing the calculation.

Now, on the coding part in the User Exit:

The Include is RV61AFZA.

if vbtyp_new = 'M'

and

konv-koaid = 'A' and " Condition class

konv-krech = 'B' and " Calc Type

quantity_new ne 0 and

quantity_old ne quantity_new.

quantity_old = - quantity_old. " prevent change

konv-ksteu = 'E'.

endif.

You can check SAP Note 25020 also, this might clear your doubts.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Do you have SAP Note 25020 as when trying to get the note from SAP, getting the following message " The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only"

Thanks,

Finbarr

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the more recent note is

SAP Note 876617, which explains the condition technique of SAP and which possibility their is to go around it. Exactly the same thing as Mr. Vivek Sahni, but of course without the concrete program code, which is of course much helpfull in this case!

Also SAP Note 1758118 give another solution from a more transportation wise thinking, transport costs differ mostly per weight amount.

In my short experience a service material "Freight cost" is created, linked to first of last item of an sales orders, delivery relevant, so it can only be delivered together with first or last material of sales order and thus only be invoiced once.

This freight cost service material must be printed as footer on invoice, seperate subtotal, so output program invoice must have added logic for this.

And in pricing set up, if needed a different pricing table, with material in it, can create the correct pricing (with scales etc) as needed.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

maria_merino
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know this is an old post but I have faced the same problem and the solution was perfect. But now I have another problem related to this price condition.. Maybe I should open another post.. I don't know..

When the user changes the amount, the condition value should be updated with the same value but it doesn't change. In fact, it only gets updated if I go to header condition and then come back to item condition..

As there is no user exit for this condition, I think this should be automatic, isn't it ??

thanks in advance !!!

María

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Please create a New Thread.

Adding to above: If i am not wrong, most of the cases system behaves like this.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Message was edited by: Sai Krishna K.Sabniveesu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check mark "Group condition" in V/06 for you condition and check.

I hope this resolves your problem.

Regards,

Abhee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abel,

I did not get ur exact requirement.

As per my understanding, you have created a Header condition type for Freight Cost and Freight will be Calculated on the Picking Quantity.

In that case,

In Access sequence for this Condition type take the Picking Quantity Feild insted of Quantity Field.

Make the Condition Category as Freight in Condition Type Controls.

Enter the Freight cost in the Delivery Header insted of Order.

Award points, if it is helpful.

Regards,

Swaraj.