Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

We are running ECC - 6.0 with below mentioned configuration

1. SystemA - SQL Database (clustered)

2. SystemB - CI instance (clustered)

3. SystemC - Application Server/DI Instance

4. SystemC - Application Server/DI Instance

Now, we want to deploy SP17 on this environment using 'Downtime Minimization' such as performing below tasks while system is up and running with the business

1. SPAM Update

2. SAINT

3. Phase 1 Import

But when i trie to update the SPAM while the system fully up & functional its taking hours together which is NOT if i shutdown all Application Servers/DI Instances and run the SPAM update on CI instance alone. So the question/need to understand is - Is this the common behavior that if i do SPAM or Import while the system is up it's going to take hours time or any other possible things/settings that i need to ensure that i won't be landing into this problem using 'Downtime Minimized option'.

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sekhar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this the common behavior that if i do SPAM or Import while the system is up it's going to take hours time

NO, i updated a lot of SPAMs during system uptime, and i never noticed any different runtimes. I would say everything above 30 minutes indicates a problem.

Regards, Michael

Edit: be aware, i am only talking about a SPAM update time here, not about support package import times!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually in Downtime minimized mode it took longer time to any kind of patch application. It is an usual behaviour.

Still if you have some doubt please check the following

1) In SPAM check menu --> goto --> import log --> tp system log ( if it is showing some process is starting like tpreportdelete in start mode or some activity completed and another is starting that means tp system is working fine. )

2) In SPAM check tp queue import log ( magnifying glass symbol)

3) Check in tmp folder in <>\usr\sap\trans whether any file is updating or not.

Hope you got your answer.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Partha