SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDM meter exchnage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz help me how to handle the meter exchange for an interval meter. This meter is a cumulative interval meter. What I have done

a) Entered the cumulative reading for old meters in the profile.

b) Carried out the meter exchange

c) Enter the cumulative reading for the new meter

I then created formula profiles which will convert the reading to consumption. This formula calculation is not considering the meter exchange. The calculation is carried-out as if there is no exchange happened for the meter and it has given me the wrong consumption.

can you plz tell me how the exchange of cumulative meters with interval reading are handled normally

Thanks and regards,

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are exchanging like to like meters then SAP will handle it exactly the same way as it does for another meter. The profile allocation will have to be terminated prior to the exchange and then once the exchange is done you can allocate it to the new meter.

For unlike meters as long as you have less registers in the new meter and no other different register you should be ok. Otherwise you will have to do a remove and install.

Thanks,

Raj.