cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPU6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in OPU6 "specify parameters for scheduling", if i leave "start in past" field empty then what impact it will have?

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

start in past is blank,

then while scheduling system will not consider past dates...

while scheduling any dates are going in the past then it will consider todays date.....

Number of days that scheduling allows the start date to be in the past.

If this number of days is exceeded, the system automatically overrides the set scheduling type and uses "today" scheduling.

Venkatesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Guys!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try to answer this question using a scenario.

Lts us assume that you are in the RFQ phase of a proposal.

Then you need to plan for the entire project based on certain assumptions and certain deadlines.

You know the phases of the project, and how much time each one would take.

You build a project (may be cj20n).

Do the structuring by appending WBS elements, networks and activities etc.

You put the durations for the N/w activities and do the scheduling.

You arrive at a certain end date (in case it is Automatic scheduling) for the project.

If you back track these dates, you should arrive at a date when the Project should start.

If you mention a certain value (say 30 days) in the field you mentioned in the post.

1. lets assume is "today" is : 30 June ##

System allows the user to select the start date of project as 1 June.

If "atuomatic scheduling" misses this date (even if it arrives at a date 31 May), then, the system automatically overrides the set scheduling type and uses "today" scheduling. Pretty much as Venkatesh explained.

Basically, this functionality is used as a "buffer" while planning (in terms of dates) for a project.

Hope this explanation was useful.

Regards,

Pradyumna

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In simple, you can't plan in the past.

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for some requirements it could make sense to schedule in the past, then you should set the field to 999. I experienced in some cases when the field is left empty and the system is forced to schedule in the past due to a close end day of the project/network you get error message, that scheduling in the past is not possible.

As you see from my answer, it really depends on your scheduling requirement.