Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow with Validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM Guru's,

I would like be guided by your on my work requirements:

1. I have a requirenment to trigger a workflow for approval when ever any change for any record/fields

done in our Production system (to know any changes done without notice of Admin role) & generate

an e- mail.

2. When ever a field recieves a blank record or recieves a junk character, it should trigger e-mail

showing which records (Auto ID) has faulty records or blank data.

Could you please help me to know how to achieve these, any other enhance functionalites to crub bad data flow in to MDM.

Thanks in Advance

Cheers

Srihari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srihari ,

I have a requirenment to trigger a workflow for approval when ever any change for any record/fields

done in our Production system (to know any changes done without notice of Admin role) & generate

an e- mail.

- You can trigger your workflow for a Record Update trigger action.This will bring the record or set of records which are updated in a workflow.

- Note that for Record Update trigger.The workflow will trigger when ever the record /records are updated through an Import process Not manual.

- It means if you update a record manually in MDM data manager and try to run the workflow it will show you greyed out.You will have to update that records through an Import ,wherein you have selected the matching record in IM and all import action as Update all mapped fields.This will update all the records in MDM data manager and trigger the workflow.

- Bearing this in mind, you will not be able to track the user who has made the changes.As the changes are imported and not done manually.

A Workaround - You need to run the workflow on the updated records manually.with the trigger action as Manual.You can identify the updated records set by using an Assignment which populates as indicator in a field which will identify the updated records.

.Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Create the workflow with Trigger Action = Record Update. Hence whenever the record is modified an automated workflow will get trigger and you can include an Notify step which sends an email to the assigned users.

Create a validation which checks whether the field is blank using IS_NULL() and for validating data use HAS_ALL_CHARS() function. Include this in the workflow and set the trigger action = records update.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,,

Thanks for your update.

While trying to create Add Job --> Workflow. My screen is greyed out, could not find context menu active except for set priority.

Could you guide me if i need to work on some another step before adding workflow to set of records.

Regards

Srihari Reddy