cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default password for SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Today was installed SAP EP and NWDS in my pc. when i am going to deploy project it's asking SDM password., How to find and collect SDM password. Is there any default password for SDM.plz tell me it's very usefull for me.

Thanks and Regards,

Janardhan,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi before you can change SDM password

1. disable SDM from SAP MMC if it still running

2. from command prompt cd ...SDM\program directory and start up SDM standalone

sdm jstartup "mode=standalone" "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program"

3.To reset SDM password run

sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program" "newpassword=welcome123"

4. reactivate SDM using SAP MMC

run C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/JSPM/StartGui.bat and logon using the new SDM password

cheers

Susanto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Above mentioned steps are only good enongh to change the password.

If you'll try to restart SDM form MMC after that it will never start.

You need to start SDM in command prompt in Integrated mode.

Syntax is

sdm.sh jstartup="Integrated" sdmhome="c:/doc~~~/~~~/"

After that you can start it through MMC.IT will come up soon

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

Thanks for earlier response but sdm is not working for deployment..it'showing that wrong password..

Thanks & Regards,

Janardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janardhan,

During the installation,it supposed to give sdm password. if sdm password has not been given so it will take super admin password (Default) .But if you are not able to login into sdm .You may change the password with the following command .

sdm changepassword "newpassword=<Your proposed password>"

You have to execute command from folder /usr/sap/<sid>/<JAVA Instance>SDM>program

Once you will give the new password then restart SDM. After that you will be able to login into SDM.

Rajnish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Default password for SDM is sdm.You can also login in to SDM using J2ee_admin or administrator users.

Narsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The default password for SDM is sdm. Please check the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/3c/7d9e2588827546a2b8f2e7d8a26434/content.htm

Rgds,

Suman