cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Decimal Places Required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client's requirement is to have upto 4 decimal places for all SD documents - Inquiry/Quotation/Sales Order/Invoice.

I have checked in the pricing & only the percentage rate is coming in 3 decimals but the final value of all condi

Is this possible in standard SAP? How can we fulfill this requirement?

With best regards,

Niyaz Sayyed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure but try this Goto spro->sap netweaver->General settings->set decimal places for currency -

>select your currency and maintain decimal place as 4.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

suadh
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. For prices where more decimeal are needed, standard procedure is to define prices for 100, 1000, or more pcs, i.e. price of 1000 pcs = 1234,56, that means 1 pc = 1,23456. You won't see it this way in system, but the calculation is ok.

2. If you really need 4 decimals in system, you can create/change currency settings, but as this is one of the basic setings, you need to consult other modules on that.

3. If your customer needs to have it only on printouts, then it is possible to do something on your smartform/sapscrit. Check it with your programmer. You woud have regular 2 dec i n system, prices for 1000 pcs (or whatever you need) and there would be caclulation on form and 4 dec printout.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Niyaz

You have to deviate the standard behaviour to achieve this requirement which is not recommended. Instead, what I would suggest is that you maintain pricing per 100s instead of per unit. By this, the net value will also flow exactly. Try with this suggestion and post the feedback.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible in the standard SAP, but you can use the help of Abapers to increase the decimal places, but if you do that you need to do it for all document types as if you change only in SD then your FI calculations will be wrong.

regards,

sudhir