cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign two responsible persons to one project

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

appreciate if any of you could tell me if there's anyway to assign two (or maybe more) responsible persons to a single project (CJ20N)

this requirement comes up as when one project manager say, goes on vacation, another person could approve timesheets and travel expenses in his absence (without having to make changes to the project master data every now and then)

thanks in advance for any of you who could help out.

regards,

faz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Step 1: Before creating project go to,

Path: SPRO -> Project System -> Structures -> Operative structure -> WBS -> Defined Partner determination procedures and roles.

Step 2: First define the Partner definition (T-Code: OPSPAR1).

Step 3:Create new schema (T-Code: OPSPAR3) and Assign the Partner Functions to the Schema

Step 4: Go to project profile (T Code – OPSA) select the project profile using in project.

In control tab à basic data à enter the newly created partner schema to Partner Determination Procedure field and save.

Step 5: Go to Cj20n Create a project. Now we can see partner tab in project definition. Go to partner tab now select person responsible in function and enter the partner who is responsible for complete project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

It is 100% possible to use multiple Person Responsible with in One Project.

You can Manitain Multiple Person Responsible at Project Level and aswell on every single WBS element.

C_PRPS_VNR

Use this object via BASIS authorization.

Also you need to create person responsible in OPS6 in advance .

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

it is possible...

u can use partner tab for this purpose...

where u can mention responsible person more than one..

settings

OPSPAR3 -partner scheme - XYZ,

for XYZ- partner Function in procedure...

function -VW - person responsible.... SAVE

now come to your project go to Partner TAB & check... present Responsible preson will be ther.. & you can add more also....

I have checked .. it is workin...

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the approval is taking place through SAP Business work place inbox (tcode: SBWP) then you can look at using facilities like:

Automatic Forwarding

Automatic Substitution

The person (Person responsible) going out needs to maintain the substitution rule in SBWP and when the second person Adopts the substitution all SAP inbox workitems for the original person comes to the second person.

However SAP allows only one Person Reponsible, however as suggested by earlier users you may use the Partner Roles or cutom user fields to store the additional "Person Responsible". However, then for the delegation process to work you would have to take up custom development.

Let me know in case this helps.

jibat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, although I'm particularly interested in Venkatesh's response where he recommends use of the partner function.

Venkatesh, would you be able to tell me where I need to configure (as per your example) Partner Schema - XYZ. I did try the method you specified but i am unable to proceed.

Thanks very much for your time,

Faz

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Follow the steps

1.SPRO-- Project System - Structure- Operative structure- WBS - partner detemination procedures & roles-1 st option - defination of partner role - check whether VW (person responsible) is there or not, if it is there then come back.... ( it should be there)

2. go for 3rd option Define Partner Determination Procedures and Partner Roles - new entry- XYZ- description ABCD enter save.......then select XYZ line slect partner function in procedures - go for new entry------then enter VW in function enter --- save come back.....

3. now go to your project - check you partner tab..... if nothingis there then select person reponsible in function - selct partner( personnel no.) enter....

i hope it should come....

venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please see this link :

Thanks ,

Dhruv kumar Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think the requirement can be met by using customer exit CNEX0006.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Faz,

1.Your requirement is true but assigning two responsible persons for the same project is not possible (a s of now) in PS.

Probable solutions to your problem are.........

1.if u r implementing Workflow, U can direct the triggering mails to another ID as per the requirement (as & when the main person goes on leave).

But we only have to maintain the changes in workflow.

OR

2. Simply come out of SAP. Let us suppose that person "A" is going on leave. Let him make a practice everytime he goes on leave .. to direct his mails to the next person .. say B .

regards,

Vamsi

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understading Assign two responsible person is not possbile to one project. You can use applicant no.

You can use Project team for the WBS. Click on WBS for which you want to use the project team fro WBS --> Edit -> WBS> Project team fro the WBS.

Regards

Nitin