cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

what is the difference between SAP NetWeaver 04 SP15 and SAP NetWeaver 04s ??

I'm installing the Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver (SAP NetWeaver 04 SP15 that is the full Java version) in pre-production server in order to have a light solution. But I want to align it with the production server that has the WAS 700.

I would be sure that the NetWeaver 04 SP15 Sneak Preview use the stack 700. I'm a little bit confused!

I will appreciate any helps. thx.

Vito Palasciano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NetWeaver 2004, SP15 (the Full Java version) required WAS 6.40

NetWeaver 2004s, which is on the ABAP stack requires WAS 7.0.

The main difference that I see is NW 2004 only contains only Web Dynpro for Java and 2004s includes Web Dynpro for ABAP.

Message was edited by: Umair Salam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Umair,

I have WAS 7.0 on my server. This means that I can't use (and deploy) Web Dynpro for Java???

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here a second question:

If I create an application using Netweaver Sneak Preview SP15 (full Java on AS 6.40 - local PC), then am I sure that the application will work fine on my WAS 7.0 (production server)?

Thanks a lot,

Vito P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vito,

You should be able to develop in both ABAP and Java with the NetWeaver 2004s release. For more information on this, try the developers' guides (has both 2004 and 2004s version on this page):

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developersguide

I'm not sure if something built on WAS 6.40 will work on WAS 7.0, it will depend on the nature of what you're building.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I have to use to run and deploy my application in a local machine instead of a server??

NW2004s gives this possibility? If yes, how?

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to install the Full Java version (for 2004) to be able to deploy and run on your own PC - because it installs the WAS and the Portal application.

You can do the same with the 2004s version - which comes with a mini version of SAP. The instructions provided with it tell you how to install it - you need to get a license key for it to work.

you can download both 2004 and 2004s versions from here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umair,

I have a licensed NWDS 7.0.0 (that shoud be the 2004s version...confirm?). What have I to configure in order to deploy locally?

Thanks,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

In NWDS 2004s I chosed the option "SAP J2EE Engine is installed on local host" then I clicked on Browse button and I have the follow error message:

<i>No local engine could be found!

Reason: No system could be find under
HCNU6050N91\sapmnt

Please configure your engine as remote host installation.

See error log for more information.</i>

The question is: where I have to do to configure the engine?

Thanks a lot.

Vito P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do U have some links for documentation that explain local deploy??

Thx,

Vito