cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROI on Mobile applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In these troubled times investing in an application like Mobile would cost anyone unless otherwise there is a firm Return on Investment. In this regard I would request if anyone could share based on their experience what would be a typical ROI for any of the mobile applications implemented (MAM,MDSD etc.). Also if you could add the most important urge (ex. reducing paper work) that made the difference by implementing the mobile solution for the customer that would be great?

Waiting with points

thanks

anantharam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anantharam,

More than the ROI, it is the scenario which demands a NetWeaver Mobile implementation. If the business process is like for example (MAM):

The customer has a scenario wherein their field service engineer is mobile and travels to remote places without connectivity (offline) and services equipments, optionally scans some bar code/rfid tags, and there exists a need that he has to record his work data immediately (to avoid many an accuracy issue), they can invest in a mobile solution.

You must also note that there might be less complex/lighter/cheaper similar solutions from companies like dexterra which support integration into existing SAP ERP.

On the paperwork, a lot of it is saved and redundancy is greatly reduced. We have worked with couple of big clients on MAM / Customized solutions, and they are greatly satisfied with the results.

On the whole if no offline scenario is required, most of the new and upcoming smartphones have started getting full blown internet browsers supporting Web2.0 and AJAX, and the general world as such is becoming a more 'network' connected place, and hence, suitable online applications using any of the famous web technologies can be developed for these kind of devices.

In conclusion, ROI for SAP NetWeaver mobile is a subjective topic linked with the needs / requirement of the organization implementing it.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Thanks. Most importantly I would be interested in the numbers for any scenario. If I say i could save "50K USD" by going mobile it would make a very good investment. I am looking out for cases where I have a number.

thanks

anantharam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

As Veera has correctly mentioned tht it purely depends upon the scenario your business wants.

see if you have a big client where say in case of MAM(paperbased) business where all field engineers travel to remote places and once they come back to the site record there activities...it may take quite a long time for the company to get the exact details of expenses and tools he used...

result...Wrong Stocks...Wrong Balance....

Now if you use MAM mobile solution....u can sync the whole data back at the any period of time.....

Result correct balance and stocks.....

So if the organization is big enough/medium sized ...at aperiod of time their ROI will be quite high...

For exact figure pl..search if u can find any case studies for the same....

Regards,

Akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anantharam,

Regarding case studies, at least one of the videos, from the below link, is bound to talk about SAP Mobile solution. Check them out:

http://www.sap.com/platform/netweaver/customers/videos/index.epx

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera

There are many videos in that page. Could you please direct me to the appropriate one?

thanks

anantharam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anantharam,

I was/am having intermittent connectivity and hence guided you to the link. My guess that at least one should have a Mobile related talk is an instinctive one (there may be no video which will talk about Mobile specifically).

Wish you the best of luck in finding a case study for Mobile. If I find any specific public case study, I will update this thread.

Regards,

Veera

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anantharam,

There are some links I want you to check out. These may be off topic, but make sense from a Customer perspective:

GuiXT Home:

http://www.guixt.com/site/home.php

GuiXT Mobile Suite u2013 Product Overview:

http://www.guixt.com/site/f_suite.php?mpr=suite_mobile.php

GuiXT Offline Suite u2013 Product Overview:

http://www.guixt.com/site/f_suite.php?mpr=suite_offline.php

Here you dont need additional servers, you are just scripting you SAP Screens. Also note that the GuiXT Add On is pre installed in SAP servers. Once you logon to an SAP server through GUI, you can click "Customize Local Layout " icon (on the RHS top after Help icon) (or ALT+F12) and activate GuiXT.

Regards,

Veera