cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM without ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

A customer has a requirement for a standalone inventory management/warehouse management system. Is it possible to implement SCM's EWM without ECC or any other backend system? We would need full inventory mangement including goods receipts, goods movements, warehouse, storage, bins, and physical inventory.

I did look at the Master Guide, but it seems to contradict in various areas and I am looking for confirmation.

Thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RaDominguez
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

And whta about the following scenario:

Is it possible to have one ECC connected with multiple EWM (one EWM installation for each distribution center)? Do you see any performance or consistency problem?

Could be this a good alternative for high avalability?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will differ a little on the previous response.

you could in THEORY you could linkEWM to a NON ERP instance, HOWEVER you would need to replicate the inbound and outbound processing for RFC processing with custom ABAP code.

Remember all the integration function modules are configured so you could in theory create Z-functions which are RFC to communicate to another system (non SAP)

remember also you would need to get business partners in wich is via a CIF which in theory can be redeveloped via Z custom.

But you could manually

ALSO remember that EWM can be linked via IDOC's which mean in theory you can link it to ANOTHER NON SAP system and route the messages to another system maybe using XI. This might be easier than the above option.

Hope this help and dont underestimat the task.

There is also AT the BOTTOM of the EWM help a area with business connectors which might help.

Hope this helps

kind regards

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are multiple scenario's and one of them is a stand-alone scenario. You however do need integration with any ERP system (which can be SAP ERP).

Regards,

MdZ