cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues while Importing Hierarchies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am trying to Import Hierarchies from SAP to MDM..I have followed the procedure as mentioned in link below ..After the IMPORT step ..I got message Successfully imported .BUT when i refresh and checked TAXONOMY table in Data Manger i could not see any Hierarchies updated..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30aa1447-80a1-2a10-e483-a76087bc...

Am i doing something wrong OR missing some setting..

Please guide

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I followed the same document you mentioned and its working for me.

May be you can check the below:

1. You have declared the field type as Lookup [Taxonomy] and that you have imported the data to the corresponding Taxonomy table.

2. Please check the field and value mapping again.

3. Also check the import action that you have selected

3. In data manager, please check that you are going to Taxonomy mode and selecting the taxonomy table that you have declared in the Console, in the current table drop down box.

If you are able to see the table name, right click and Expand the entire branch.

Please check it again.

Thanks,

Priti.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is sorted ..Dont know I had to reboot MDM repository and found changes were in Data Manager..Trust me i didnt do anything different then what i had done earlier to get in Hierarchies..

Sounds funny..But its true..

Thank you all for your valuable time and inpputs..

Cheers!!

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be u hv imported data correctly

But u need to go to Taxonomy Mode to see Hierarchy (Not in Record Mode)

And now select ur Taxonomy table from tables list.

Initially only root node will be displayed............ double click on it........ U will c ur hierarchy.

Thanks,

Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

The problem you are facing is that, the hierarchy is not updated. If you have followed the procedure as in the document, please check the below points once again,

1. Under map fields and values tab: Map categories<split hierarchy> in source fields to category in destination fields.

2. If there are some values existing in the destination category table then create a new node.

3. In the source pane, select the SUB NODES ONLY beneath the root category node in the source value pane and add branch as child.

4. In the default Import Action tab; Update All Mapped fields.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jayati