cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship -To-Party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Ship to party i know can be added to sold to party Customer master in the patner function tab, my questions is what if we do not wann store the Ship to party information, in other sense what if we dont make another customer master for ship to party , where and how is that we make an order and enter sold to party , and insteading of entering the ship to party cusomer master number just enter an address of ship to party.

i hope i made my question clear.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A customer master record does not need to have a Ship to partner as the Sold-to is is by default, a sold-to, ship-to, bill-to, pay-to, etc.

However, a Sales Order Requires both a Sold to and Ship to partner to be defined. The Ship-to is then carried forward to the Delivery.

If the Ship-To is not assigned to the Sold-to in the master record, then the sales order will by default, use the Sold-to as the Ship-to (Example, Sold-to & Ship-to = 100001) You can, then go into the partner information for that Sales Order-specific Ship-to customer and modify the address there - but this is really more work than it would take to just create the Ship-to customer in the first place.

Example, Sold-to & Ship-to customer = 100001 both have address number (ADRNR) 012345. by manually changing the address for the ship-to, SAP will generate a new address number (say 60000059) for that sales order-specific Ship-to record.

But this begs the question...

Why not create Ship-to records? By changing the address on EVERY sales order, then you will not be able to take advantage of standard SAP route determination, shipping point determination, etc. - you will have to set it up to generically account for using the same address.

Or, consider using the one-time customer account group to create one-time customers with minimal data.

Answers (0)