cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Legacy Invoice # in Billign Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

SD Gurus,

I want tobe able to use a reference field that I will be using to reference a legacy invoice #. This legacy invoice # should be able to copy via copy control since we have Pick Up and Delivery.

Any help will be helpful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

You can input your legacy invoice number in the XBLNR field of sales order.

The same gets copied into the XBLNR field in the delivery.

Finally the same gets copied on to XBLNR field in the billing document.

The above options will work if we have the sales order to delivery to billing copy control settings maintained.

This one single field is common across the process and can be used to pass the value.

Finally Finance Accounts Receivable team can use the same XBLNR field value to clear the payments and send the reference number back to the customer for future reference.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

You might want to use the Reference Document Number (VBAK-XBLNR field in the accounting tab of the sales order header).

The reference number is set in the document flow according to control and taken into the financial accounting document.

May I ask what is your busines scenario to use "legacy invoice number"?

Just curiosity.

Best Regards,

Franck (with a 'c'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Franck,

Well, client wants to still use a legacy system to create some invoices we will then recreate the sales order in SAP using the legacy invoice number as a reference to go back and track. We are recreating orders in SD for profitability analysis, but client refuses to get rid of their legacy system for now.

Thank you again, your suggestion seems that it will work.

Edited by: Frank on Jan 21, 2009 4:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Franck,

One more question is there a similar field I can use at delivery? reason because our invoices are based on delivery and not at order, we could have multiple deliveries resulting in multiple invoices coming from one order. We can't reference same invoice # on all.

Thank You,

Frank