cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro component interface and Models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'd like to know how I could reuse Models and WebDynpro Interfaces from Projects to Projects.

For instance, I have created models and webdynpro interface in Appication1 in Project1. Now, I have created Project2 and Application2 and would like to re-use the components and models that I created in Application1. Is it supported in NW preview version or any production version?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

reusage is only possible between Web Dynpro (and other types of) Development Component (DC) projects, not between "normal" Web Dynpro Projects. Everything, that should be exposed to other DCs is defined in the "Public Parts" (PP) of a DC. PPs can be added to the "Used DCs" list of the (re)using DCs, making the entries in the PPs available to the using DC.

Regarding your current scenario, you would add the models and WD interface of App1 to the PPs and add these to the Used DCs of App2.

This is already supported for Sneak Preview and later versions.

There's a WD related documentation about DCs in help.sap.com. Unfortunately the SDN TREX search engine is down at the moment, so i can't post a link. I'm not sure, if this documentation is part of the Sneak Preview Dev Studio online help already.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the pointers.

Does that mean inheritance is supported as well? If I made changes tot he DC of Proj1/App1 after adding it tto Proj2/App2, would the changes be imported automatically? Do I need to do a re-import model to refresh the models?

In the NW Sneak Previw, how do I craete a WebDynpro Development Component project?

Cheers,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

> Does that mean inheritance is supported as well? If I

> made changes tot he DC of Proj1/App1 after adding it

> tto Proj2/App2, would the changes be imported

> automatically? Do I need to do a re-import model to

> refresh the models?

DC dependencies are resolved automatically. If you build a DC which depends on another it's ensured, that the "used" DC is built before the using one. This includes every dependency to a public part entry, even model dependencies.

> In the NW Sneak Previw, how do I craete a WebDynpro

> Development Component project?

"File->New->Development Component Project". If this shortcut doesn't exist in your IDE version, select "New->Project" and then choose "Development Component" in the list on the left side (I hope it's there ;).

Another hint: Since you don't have the Design time repository (DTR) active in Sneak Preview, you can only work with the "LocalDevelopment" repository. This is not really a problem, since it's possible to transport the DCs to the DTR later.

Regards

Stefan